IDEA: Solution to Automatic Queue Function, (both parties will like it.)

Compiling what I have read on the subject, my proposal is as follows:

The automatic production of the villagers in the time of the castles. In feudal times, with two urban centers I can get used to producing 6 villagers, every 50 seconds I produce 6 villagers.

The automatic production of military in the imperial era. In earlier times, I wouldn’t use it, because I need to change my composition in response to the state of the game.

In the imperial era there are a lot of military resources and units, so it allows me to focus on the battle.At least just the autoplay of the villagers, from the beginning of epoch 3, which I think is optimal.

Or it could be added as a technology with its due cost, they are ideas.

My concern is for the community, I don’t want it to decrease, only 300 people have a level higher than 1500. Without community, the game will die.

I don’t agree I want 0 auto queuing of villagers or military units and I’m sure a lot will feel the same way.

8 Likes

I proposed it for the time of the castles, consider that you have 3 “urban centers”, you must produce 9 villagers every minute, that is, 12 clicks, adding that you have to produce the military units at the same time in several barracks, then I proposed to produce units military automatically in era IV.

wut?

how does this appeal to players who are against auto queue?

this? so if devs dont implement your idea the game will die? wow ok.

the only scenario i ever see auto queue even remotely appealing to players who are against auto queue is if there is a big training time disadvantage… so a vil takes like 2 x the training time if you use auto queue, so a skilled player will still play far better than auto queue (like how auto scout was in aoe2)

I proposed it for the time of the castles, consider that you have 3 “urban centers”, you must produce 9 villagers every minute, that is, 12 clicks, adding that you have to produce the military units at the same time in several barracks, then I proposed to produce units military automatically in era IV.

“Skilled people” = Someone who remembers to click on villager production more often than the others.

It’s very lame the idea that this represents skill.

Doing this repeated actions to queue villagers doesn’t have any strategic value.

It’s sad that you feel that your edge will be in danger if we get the ability to auto-queue.

1 Like

I agree, I don’t know if he’s already in the top 300 in the game, if it’s that easy.

ok guys you are right. .carry on spamming the same answer and i’ll let someone else deal with you

1 Like

You play how you want but I would recommend you hotkey all your town centers/building that produce villagers to 1 hotkey. Lowers your clicks by 2. Town center hotkey, click villager 9 times, boom all your TCs are producing villagers without cycling through each town center individually.

I also don’t think that it is wrong to call macroing properly during high stress moments skillful. It is definitely a skill, and an important one to develop. This is why hotkeying them to one key is important because you are able to press it quick during a battle, queue vills/production, and then return to microing your army.

I could see them adding it into custom games/skirmishes like they did with player score, but just like player score I believe it is something that should stay out of ladder games.

And just to be clear I am a rather average elo, and I also mess up my macro quite frequently. Always love looking at my graphs and just seeing me plateau vill production for far too long. That’s a me problem tho that is important to work on, not something I feel automation should fix for me.

3 Likes

JayVeeEf

That’s why I proposed it for epoch IV, in addition to villagers you must produce units in various barracks, so I think that in the last epoch IV, it would help to focus on the battle.

I definitely get what you’re saying, and I’m saying that at the times you’re suggesting is when macroing properly is most important, and where the skill difference between someone subpar at macro and someone great at macro shines the most.

I don’t come from any games with auto queues so part of this is I’ve always looked at this exact thing as an area I need to personally improve on, and from my perspective an auto queue would be too much of a handicap. Unfortunately I don’t think either of us will budge on our stance on this, but I will continue to hope they don’t add it to ladder, and will continue to try to improve my own macro abilities. Maybe relic will listen to you, but until that possibly happens I would just continue to work on it. As you stated you’re already able to manage 2 TC pretty well, I’m sure if you keep practicing, and take my advise on hotkeying all your TCs to one key you will be able to do 3 in no time.

One thing I would actually be for is making it so the built in TC hotkey selected all TCs at once like all the other built in hotkeys do. I really think that’s some poor design on their part.

4 Likes

This is the solution. Every building should be configurable to a “select all” hotkey like AoE2:DE. Then you need to be able to queue 5 units while holding shift. They get those 2 things right, and this is almost a non issue. Every minute or 2 you hit your TC button and queue 5 vills. Same for barracks, ranges, docks, etc.

The F key method would also work if you could choose which buildings get associated with which F key. I don’t like that you hit F1 and only some of the units can get insta-queued without clicking a specific building.

Edit: To be clear, I am not in favor of automatic production. The queue needs to be user friendly (as I’ve described above, basically like AoE2:DE), but it should not be automatic. That would totally change the feel of the game. I don’t think it would feel like AoE anymore. We don’t want this to be Emperor: Battle for Dune (as much as I liked that game).

4 Likes

Another solution may be delete the cost of queued units - only pay for them when they start being produced. Then if you want 20+ vills, you can queue withouth delaying your army.
This could be soft-implemented by reducing the cost of future units untill they actually start being trained.

2 Likes

Nah, I don’t like it.

This sounds like a very inelegant “solution” for something that most people don’t consider a problem.

At least just the autoplay of the villagers, from the beginning of epoch 3, which I think is optimal.

They don’t see it as a problem, because they just left the game.

…why don’t they have a hotkey for that already?
I thought you had to cycle

I shouldn’t have to update such hotkeys after building a tc anyway. The one that cycles picks up new tc’s automatically.

Both the cycling hotkey and the custom hotkey are not what you really want to to churn out villagers. They both require more work than they need to.

Yeah I could go off topic on various customization options this game lacks that I’m disappointed with. Why doesn’t the TC hotkey act like every other one? why can’t I reorder buildings in the built in hotkeys? Or army groups for that matter?

I still use the built in hotkeys for eco/blacksmith, but the others felt clunky and I just went back to making the control groups in game for them.

I really hyped myself up for some of the expected hotkey customization I was gonna be able to do, and was extremely disappointed.

2 Likes

What? No I mean most people period do not see this as a problem. I think that most people do not want auto queue as a feature at all.

1 Like

This thread makes it sound like pressing H - QQQ 3x fast is difficult when you have 3 TCs. Or pressing F4 and pressing shift-q twice is too difficult so we should remove microing TCs unlike in any competitive RTS.