One of the new concepts brought to us by the Knights of the Mediterranean DLC is the concept of historical maps- basically semi randomized campaign maps with objectives beyond defeat your foe. I would like to see some ideas from other players for maps of this type.
So here is a template:
Name of map
Location in the world
Natives (if any)
Optional: Recommended settings civilizations
Optional: Recommended settings ages
Teams (normal, 2, Attacker/defender, many attackers/1 Defender, 1 attacker/many defenders)
The Siege of Tenochtitlan
Location: Mexico, Mexico City/Tenochtitlan, may also have an Inca version
Map layout: Defenders start in a city surrounded by a lake with a few bridges to the outside area with attackers. Each player starts with a native settlement and outside area has a few additional settlements. No trade routes.
Natives: Navajo, Apache, Zapatoc, Maya
Outlaws: Comanchero, Pistolero
Optional: Recommended settings civilizations: Aztec, Spanish, Mexico, Inca, Portuguese
Optional: Recommended settings ages: Exploration to Fortress
- Defenders start around a Temple which if destroyed will result in their defeat as well as several other structures that provide resources over time, and provide resources to the enemy team when destroyed, particularly gold.
- This temple acts as a mini psudo Community plaza from which any civ can dance Settlers/villagers/Warrior Priests/Priestesses/Lamas on (5 max) and stacks with the dancing units of the community plaza native civilizations can build.
- The following ceremonies are available at the temple, regardless of civilization or cards sent:
- Harvest Ceremony
- Gift Ceremony
- Hero Ceremony (War Chief Ceremony for all civs)
- Water Ceremony
- Town Ceremony
- War Ceremony
- Call the People Ceremony (spawns warrior units to defend town but suffer damage over time) (Note: Due to the limit on the number of units that can dance at the temple, the base rate at which warriors are spawned at the temple is significantly faster than at the community plaza.)
- Victory Ceremony- Only available at the Temple. When preformed, causes the victory timer for defenders to count down for each Dancer preforming it. If the ceremony changes, the victory timer pauses, but does not reset.
- Attackers start with a Command Post and a Supply Depot
- Supply depot, in addition to providing resources, also acts as a tavern where outlaws and mercenaries can be hired.
- At the command post, a small number of mercenaries and outlaws spawn every few minutes alongside 5 native units of every allied native settlement.
From Wikipedia, because I expended so much effort on other things: The Fall of Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Aztec Empire, was a decisive event in the Spanish conquest of the empire. It occurred in 1521 following extensive manipulation of local factions and exploitation of pre-existing political divisions by Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés. He was aided by indigenous allies, and his interpreter and companion La Malinche.