Idle villagers not being counted properly in some games

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: November PUP
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In some rare games, idle villagers will not be counted properly.

Here’s one picture:

As you see the French AI has 2 CdB in the TC, but the idle vill count is 0.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

I’ve seen it a few times. But it’s rare.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Not sure how to reproduce this.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Idle vills should be counted properly.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Here is a savegame of the above match:

2 Likes

HI @DiplexBoss6 !

We could not reproduce this issue or load your save game :thinking:

Please if it happens again could you send to us a new save game or give details of what happened before villagers went idle?

Thanks!

is the problem of idle villagers that were working on berrybushes and after finishing the berries, werent detected as idle, fixed?

1 Like

Hi @raulramirez91 !

I do not remember that bug, just in case I tested it and seems to be working fine. If you find it in any civilization please let me know and I will give it a second check :hugs:

It happens to me all time, i took a screenshot for you

just gather with many vills on berrybushes and in some way they would stop gathering when the berry bushes is finished, and after making all the idle villagers work on something, the flag for idle villagers dissapear, but these two villagers werent detected as idle.

1 Like

Oh its true!

Thanks @raulramirez91, we are now tracking this issue :heart:

please fix it, having around 10 idle villagers and not notification about that really ruins the game, it happens all the time, huge disadvantage for civs that depends on food gathering, try it with russia it always happen with russia

BUGS.age3Yrec (10.3 MB)

on that map always happen berry bushes idle villager bug
also chinese player click to attack trading post and the explorer doesnt move.

the bug of villagers not being reported as idle when they have stopped gathering from berry bushes once the berrybush is depleted and dissapeared hanst been fixed
is this in the horizon?
ive waited a long time
please fix it
many times its not worthwhile to make villagers gather berrybushes instead of mills because we wont know if they stopped gathering

1 Like

Yeah, this issue is annoying, and happening since legacy.
Villagers don’t find another berry bush, and the current one, is already being gathered on by 8 vills, Wich makes them stuck.
Can happen with hunts too, if they reach the end of the map, and can’t reach the hunt anymore…

2 Likes