If you could have an Aoe 3 unit in 2, which one would you want?

Considering that the last Burmese scenario is in the 1580’s and the Japanese Invasion of Korea scenario is in 1592? there’s some cool units that are in 3 especially from the discovery age. The Ashigaru musketeer and Naginata (could replace the mounted samurai we have now) would be cool if they add a future Japanese campaign.

2 Likes

i would like some of the cannons just for the sound they make. also ragdoll physics, but that won’t happen

4 Likes

Would be cool to get an official Constantinople scenario with voice acting the Dardanelles gun and chains.
A part of me wishes AoE3 had AoE2 De graphics, map style but with Aoe3 mechanics.

4 Likes

Good reminder for me to reactivate the AoE3 gunpowder sounds mod for Age2. Makes your gunpowder units sound so much more powerful 11

10 Likes

Reminds me there’s a musketeer mod.

1 Like

yeah, that’s one of the few very good event mods

Yeah good idea. Ottoman Great Bombards for the Turks civ. But real size, not scaled down like in AoE 3. And Janissary with musket, Spanish and Portuguese arquebus

2 Likes

I’d also add in the Atakabune (castle on water), Landsknecht (reskinned two-handed swordsman), Swiss Pikeman, Sipahi and Puma Spearman. I really like AoE3 units that can be in Aoe2 but don’t like the game.

2 Likes

The Grenadier.

I mean, the Grenadier is one of the few AoE3 designs that are suitable for use in AoE2 but still haven’t been used. The design of projectiles with explosive range has been in AoE2 for a long time, such as Mangonels, Trebuchets and Bombard Cannons, but there is no infantry-type unit yet. I would like to make the Fire Lance applies this mechanic and become the regional unit for some civs in East Asia in the future, like the Fire Lance in AoM.

The Stealth may also be a novel concept for AoE2, but how it fits into AoE2’s gameplay remains to be studied.

3 Likes

Add it to the Ninja, add that to the Japanese as a new UU, and make it so that when they attack they have a cooldown from their last attack until they disappear again. Towers can negate the effect within their range (possibly could lock that behind a generic tech researched at the university?).

There’s one way to implement stealth off the top of my head…

1 Like

In the original games beta days there were plans to have a stealth unit in-game.It would take the player color of the enemy when close to the enemy buildings/units.I think one or two mods got the player color things to work correctly for the original game.

1 Like

Add a cavalry unit that can snare.

1 Like

It could be a cavalry UU with a chain whip for a new civ like Jurchens. It may look like the Iron Flail of AoE3.

I remember that in AoE3, even melee units can still have a range during siege.
Maybe give the Tarkans about a 2 or 3 range when attacking buildings only, might have to decrease some attack bonuses for that, but it would make them massively useful and able to see them throwing the torches .

4 Likes

I also like that Russian blockhouse, a bank for like a banking civilization, livestock pen for Gurjaras and Tatars?

1 Like

Now that we have coustillier and that Indian infstry with charged aoe attack, fire lance is a logical next step in my opinion.

Give China access to the ujit after their UT is researched, like flaming camels.

And arquebusuer as an hc upgrade for ports, spanish, maybe ottomans and teutons.

1 Like

Why the Ottomans? Didn’t they just skip the Arquebus and go straight to Muskets or something?

Man that’d be so great. Game would perform incredibly better.

1 Like

Doppelsoldner and landsknect for teutons and bohemians
Great bombard for turks
Hawdah for Hindustanis
Rajputs for Gurjara
Meteor hammer for Chinese
Naginata rider, Yumi, Attakabune for japanes
War Canoe for Aztecs, Mayans
Chincha raft for Inca
Cetbang Cannon for Malay
Zamburak for Persians
Streltsy for Slavs
Hoop throwers for byzantines
Rodelero for Spain
galleass for Italians

6 Likes

Next one should be a ranged unit with charge attack right?first attack the flaming projectile then normal once.

I keep wanting to play AoE3 DE, but it keeps locking my pc up after 15 minutes, but honestly AoE DE and AoE3 DE should’ve had AoE2 DE graphics.

1 Like