If you were to choose 2 civs? (Possible European DLC)

What would be your minor civ picks?

I sincerly prefer no more Euro civs if there are more DLCs, or at least low priority (Safavids needs to connect East with West Asia), although Euro maps should be a must.

Iā€™d agree on AoE2, but even with the amount of European civs in the base game plus the Swedes, they feel kinda underrepresented lol

i guess its up to debate how needed more european factions are.

obviously we already have quiet a few, but the truth is that europeans where simply just the wealthiest and most powerful nations of the periode. i can understand if people would rather want something else even if i really want them tho.

i do think persia is pretty important to add, and no they wont be called after a dynasty.

1 Like

I really donā€™t care the name, TBH, but I suppose that for cohesion with the other civs the name would be Persia (itā€™s easier to sell). Savafid references can go to the compendium.

Back to the topic, I suppose that Danish would be the last colonial ā€œempireā€ to add. But people are right that Poland had more power in the continent.

Of course,the Safavids are missing, the Koreans (at least as a connection with aoe 2), Oman, Mapuches, Kongo, Zulus, Burma, Siam, Maories and obviously the other American and European nationsā€¦

1 Like

Of course,I do not tell you the European maps that are missing in the game, with natives and European flora and faunaā€¦

The Persians are important in the game, since beyond filling the geographical space between the Ottomans and the Indians, the Safavid Persians fought against the Ottomans during the first half of the seventeenth century for the Iraqi territoriesā€¦for example, in 1624, Baghdad changed hands three times during that yearā€¦

Ottomanā€“Persian Wars - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Persians are a must civilization to be added, I believe everyone agrees on it. However, back to the topic. We are here to to discuss possible European content :slight_smile:

Iā€™d be curious to see how a black forest style map would do with this game.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s possible in the same way. I think it will lag deeply.

They should figure other kinds of make obstruction possible to avoid killing the pathfinder, maybe with patches of unwalkable trees instead of individuals.

cliffs instead of trees for a Alps map?

Some Scandinavian maps would be really beautiful I bet.

I agree, they should be called Persians or Iranians. Safavids were the greatest dynasty of the era and spanned the most time, but the Persian state was also governed by several other prominent dynasties following the fall of the Safavids, most prominently under Nader Shah of the Afshar clan, then the Afghan Durrani, and afterwards the Qajars. Although Iā€™m sure thisā€™ll warrant disagreement, but I even see the Mughals as an extension of Persian cultural power east of the Hindu Kush, and therefore fall under the Persian cultural aegis.

The style of previous civilizations has aimed for the most expansive approach, sometimes perhaps even too expansive (Germans are both Hohenzollerns and Habsburgs, plus some of the minor states). The British are exactly the British: not the English, or dynastically, they are not the Tudors, Stuarts, Orangists, or Hanoverians.

In terms of European civilizations, I have little interest in any of them, except for save perhaps the Danes. I was never thrilled with the planned concept for an Italian civilization (I donā€™t care for an archaic style, which I think Spain already serves, nor am I excited for the concept of differentiated types of villagers which specialize in different things - I think that is bad for economic and base-building micromanagement).

4 Likes

Yes,I know, but it was always a civ asked with the Italiansā€¦in addition to that by historical continuity with the saga,the Persians have to be yes or yes in aoe 3ā€¦then we would have the Achaemenid Persia (550-330 BC) (AoE 1-AoE Online),the Sasanid Persia (224-651) (AoE 2) and finally the Safavid Persia up to the Kayar Persia (1501-1925) (AoE 3)ā€¦

1 Like

Something like thatā€¦

3 Likes

Denmark is the last colonial power of the time period not in the game, honestly it should be been in the original game.

3 Likes

Of course, that would be the ideaā€¦

Yes,something like thisā€¦

image (Alps)

image (Scandinavia)

7 Likes

Maps looks great! good job!

1 Like

Of course, Persians is fine as it isā€¦thus it would encompass the whole civilization rather than a particular dynasty;PS:the Persians began to call themselves Iranians during the 1930s onwards,although it was standardized after the Iranian revolution of 1979ā€¦

1 Like