Im not buying this indian dlc

ALL people want to add the civs like tibetans means putting MS to die,MS cannot afford these loss,in MS eyes,money income is the most one instead ot political danger.

1 Like

You clearly don’t understand how the Chinese Communist Party works.

3 Likes

So… you also didn’t get the last two DLC’s I assume? If having four civs from the South Asian subcontinent before getting Tibet is ridiculous than surely getting eightteen from Europe before getting Tibet is way worse? If so, good for you, stick to your principles. I am going to buy this DLC, but I respect your stance in this.

If not, and you did get the last two DLC’s, then you’re clearly just making up arguments here because you dislike this DLC for some other reason (you know Tibet is unlikely for present day political reasons so you use it as a stick to hit anything you don’t like), and really want to tell people to stop having fun. Yeah… Fun is welcome at my house, if you’re not having it.

22 Likes

He doesnt like the fact that Bengalis are being added instead of tibet… because thinks bengalis are less significant historically… Doesnt even know Bengalis even invaded Tibet once :rofl:

14 Likes

I will instead, to each his own.
You’ll be the equivalent of 10$ richer, I’ll be 10€ poorer.

3 Likes

Pretty sure he is just upset that his people didn’t make it in to the game.

9 Likes

Lol, i can’t understand people who get angry when news things are added, i will definetly buy this DLC.

Are you crying because you are scared to lose with those new civilisations ?

I hope they add more civilisations in the futur and they keep of course balancing them. This game is a gem, who gets better and better.

6 Likes

I’ve seen custom unranked lobbies with “no dlc civs” in the title.
And accusations of “paying to win” in ranked games. So someone is scared for sure, not necessarily the OP though.

2 Likes

Giving some opinion on Tibetans as Chinese. I think every Chinese student is well aware of the Tibetan Empire if they study history in middle school.

Some example here (the map of Tang dynasty, where Tibet (吐蕃) is in light green, 中国最新高中历史书中的地图:看看教材如何介绍主要王朝的疆域):

Other example: 通过地图看唐朝版图变迁:一个庞大帝国,最后走向瓦解_公元

I think Hearts of Iron is a different story. The history of Tibet in the period of WW2 is not well known among Chinese, at least not well taught in school. And it is way too close to modern time.

So, Chinese government is fine with the existence of a medieval Tibetan Empire, but not with a early modern independent Tibet.

22 Likes

Really interesting take on the political view… hope devs read this comment and plan to add Tibetans in future

11 Likes

I wouldn’t put my money on that. Sure it would make sense to add them historicaly but you would not only risk big financial losses but also risk to screw over the Chinese player base who just want to have fun with the game.

When Microsoft added the Macedonians in AoE 1 they got angry calls from the Greek government. Can you imagine what the CCP would say, when their stance is that “Tibet is and was always an inseparable part of China”?

4 Likes

Im not buying this conquerors dlc. Not buying this out of principle. The Italians who had far more of an influence and impact and interaction with other civs are not added but the aztecs who were very insolated and hardly had any impact with other civs are added? This is ridiculous

Plus even if they add itailans in another one the amount of civs are getting crazy. Whats next 10 civs from europe?

All these gimmicky RPG type abilities are diluting the core beauty and simplicity of this game

Its like some nerds saying “hey lets upgrade chess and give abilities to the queen…it can now level up to gain hp with each monastery tech”

Wtf is this league of legends? Guaranteed a whole host of bugs will pop up with trying to implement all of these too

31 Likes

Defense of the Ancients would be more time appropriate, but otherwise this is perfect :joy:

3 Likes

If Tibet upsets the CCP that much maybe they should leave it?
I would buy a tibet dlc. Political pandering brought us to the actual international climate.

5 Likes

LMAO Imagine World War III happends because you said it’s a country. The world is already in chaos, and then China see this and then… It was fine to talk with you guys. I have a cave if you don’t have a solution.

2 Likes

To OP: No one forces you to buy, it’s fine.

When LotW came out, I was hesitating and not buying it. Only 2 civs for 10 €? Mediocre feedback with the one-time techs, and hey, who really needed Burgundians? I understood that the added Normans, but shouldn’t they be named that way, instead of Sicilians?

So I waited until they patched out the most severe issues. And when I wanted to play some fresh and great campaigns, I bought it on sale for 6 bucks. Edwards Longshanks was fun, it’s a perfect easy campaign, could be the best for beginners after they played William Wallace. And they show Longshanks in a quite realistic, historically founded way, not as a knight in shining armor. Although I had already heard and read about him, I learned quite a bit.
Then, I also played the Sicilian campaign. It’s gorgeous. Beautiful presentation and special map and civ design. I am glad they are included. And after I was in Sicily on vacation recently, I now grasp why they are also named Sicilians. Because they not only represent the Norman invaders. This was a civ on its own with a very interesting history and culture. I hadn’t known much about it before playing and visiting.

So why do I write all this? Perhaps one day, you also see the new DLC, its civs and campaigns as a great opportunity to have some easy going fun in SP or MP and to learn a bit or two about other cultures and their history.
I am looking forward to it! Have fun guys!

12 Likes

I think the “dodging attacks” means high pierce armor. In the classic player manuals, the text of the eagle warrior said that they dodge arrows.

1 Like

So you are crying about Bengalis but there are already like 15 less important civs than them in the game.

7 Likes

It won’t. If it did mean that, it would literally say something like “A cavalry unit with high resistance to arrow fire”, that’s how they do it now. It will definitely be a distinct nee ability.

1 Like

Just chill and go play the original Conquerors. It still there… There is not a problem with new dlc, just this isn’t the version of the game for you…

3 Likes