Im not buying this indian dlc

I love the DLC’s that are coming out with new civs.

It gives more diversity to choose from which i love, gives more depth and strategic decisions in a game, and more history in the game from civs i didn’t know about. But had a huge role in history.

I support the team by buying the DLC’s to keep this one in a kind game development going.
You still can get Age of empires HD if you think the Indian dynasties don’t deserve a place in the game. And i’m more then happy to see a Tibetan civ in age of empires DE in the future.

Keep in mind that age of empires 2 is more then 20 years old. The team is still keeping it alive and improving it. And i respect that very much.

Friendly greetings

7 Likes

Oh, I didn’t even think about that! Even Defense of the Ancients isn’t quite old enough - maybe I should’ve said Diablo or something.

Yeah

(20 characters)

I will buy any content that gives me a tank unit (elephant) and nice support units.

I wonder if we would get some slight changes to first civs, just like Aoe3 is getting with its own deck system.

Does Conquerors or Kings civs deserves any change like this unique units spread in the tech tree?
I am favor of getting a new skin for HUNS and GOTHS castles

1 Like

I want unique castles for everybody. Unique temples too, if possible.

2 Likes

Huh!!!

I thought you would pray for the failure of this DLC. None of the civs have knight let alone paladin. All are Camel and Elephants that you hate. And you’re buying this??? I have doubts.

1 Like

I already said it: Even the guys at Paradox are not sure why their game was banned in China, it happened years after the introduction of the game with Tibet being featured as an independent state from the start and they didn’t receive a warning nor an explanation about what they did wrong in the eye of the party. For all we know, it may as well be because the chinese nationalists are the ones being named China while the communists are Communist China, or about which territories can or cannot be claimed/cored by those countries in game.

That being said, AoE2 being banned in China is Tibetans become a faction is definitely a risk and even if it happened to be paranoid to think so, I don’t think MS would try their luck.

3 Likes

Okay. Don’t buy it then. While I too would like to see the Tibetans, framing their non-inclusion in the latest DLC as some kind of major betrayal or oversight is bizarre. And the lack of long-term perspective implied in this post is strange for a game that has been around for 20+ years and has always been a work in process. People have been clamoring for their favorite civs to be included for many, many years. Pre-FE people complained about the lack of Indians/SE Asians. After FE, people complained about all of India being lumped into one umbrella civ. This latest DLC is a dream come true for many who have been calling for distinct Indian civs. It may not have had the focus you wished, but new content keeps the game fresh and can revitalize the community.

As for some of the new abilities/bonuses, yeah, some of them seem a little off. Not a fan of infantry with charge attacks/ignoring armor and cav units that dodge. Then again, I understand that at some point you have to experiment with new mechanics since otherwise you get stuck with a fairly limited set of variables that are already pretty well fleshed out with existing civs (unit HP, attack, cost, speed, etc). And the chess comparison is weak on every level. A game that has changed little in the literal thousands of years of its existence vs. a computer game that wants to stay relevant through the 2020s and has seen thousands of changes throughout its comparatively short existence…yeah, no.

Yep.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if African sets can be sorted into geographical sides too, surely their architecture differs depending on Northern/Southern/Eastern/Western side, right?

3 Likes

Actual Ethiopian architecture:

14 Likes

How condescending is this, with the level of misinformation this guy is spreading, should this topic even be allowed to stay?

The Bengalis were and still are to this day more populous than Bulgarians, Bohemians, Burgundians, Sicilians and Franks combined.
In fact pick any five europe civs barring Slavs, and I bet you the Bengalis have a higher population as well as economy in medieval times than all those five combined.

The Bengalis were and still are directly connected to the Tibetans, the Chinese, the Burmese, the Khmer, the Sinhalese (also a buddhist civ), the other Indians ofc (Hindustanis, Dravidians and Gurjaras), and got a lot of culture from the Persians, Afghans, Arabs and as far as Turks or Tatars.

Even civs like the Japanese knew of and respected the Bengalis and associated cultures, when they came to free Bengal and Assam from the British during WW2.

Half the Japanese, Lot of Chinese and most of the SE Asians to this day are Buddhist, and Bengalis are the ones who spread this religion to the entire world, especially Asia.

The Bengali population (alongwith related Assamese and Biharis - which BTW dont get their own civs) amounts to over 400 million today. That’s nearly more than USA, UK, and France combined

11 Likes

The difference of time when Sandy and Bruce Shelley was the devs is that now we can research and know about anything the game throw for us. Being digital and not physical helps a lot (we never get content 8 months after the other decade ago).

Yeah, Africa was isolated hence South, East and West had entirely different cultures, architecture, languages, military and so on.
That is the reason I want many more civilizations from Africa.

1 Like

I absolutely love the fact that this person just called AoE2DE a “Simple” game.

4 Likes

Even in Western Africa they could have two or three buikdong sets if they wanted to (not that they should), Africa is just very diverse.

6 Likes

To be clear, I have no problem with OP not wanting to buy the new EXP, my problem is him thinking anyone younger than himself is an idiot:

4 Likes

Yet strangely enough something about the way they say it makes me feel like I’ve got a few years on them. It doesn’t quite sound like that first time you go all “I’m not 18 anymore” around your twentieth birthday, but I don’t get an “Yeah, I’m really starting to get old”-vibe either.

(Wild speculation man, away!)

(Edit: Although I kind of hope that Talk2God reads this, stands up from their rocking chair and has a good laugh about how utterly wrong I am beyond any point I thought I was realistically guessing at, that would be kind of funny.)

2 Likes

this plays in the background

what if hes single and didn’t boom? does that make you shiny new iphone 28th gen?

If I eventually get Fatamids, Swiss, and Tibetans I’ll be happy.