Im opening this post for devs to read i feel there is a unfairness against ottoman(with proof)

yes you are right but you miss the point other unique units have those kind of bonuses without downside so they should too i tried to explain this there

yes they are good against cav and they can take %50 more damage from rang as long as they dont take same damage from siege too and i thought that range thing too they cant give it range because it needs to get countered by ranged units.They just need health boost because other things kill them so easly and since they have less range i think more health make sense

2 Likes

Another day another post about the egregious treatment of the Ottomans. Honestly this is getting ridiculous, they havenā€™t even been released yet they are still in a beta form

4 Likes

are you the same person im starting to think you all connected somehow.Im working for a perfect release and things i say and try to show are different than other ottoman posts.

1 Like

Agree with everything except the Sipahi. It is a unit supposed to raid better or engage ranged units better than horsemen.

The fortitude is an ability that you can activate or not, so when attacking not ranged units (you never should attack not ranged with horsemen or sipahi) never activate it, and when attacking rangeds or villagers activate it.

Point is, which non ranged units despite villagers you want to attack with Sipahi? Spearmen? Nope. Men at arms? Nope. Knights? Nope. Other horsemen? Then just not activate fortitude, because sipahi is better than horsemen.

I am a completely different person than any above posters ask anyone here.

6 Likes

Really? You being one of the couple people who continues to like all the comments by the alt accounts that actually are the same personā€¦

5 Likes

Please stay on topic guys :smiley:
This is not suppose to be a Alt account conversation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Literally encouraging the behaviour weā€™re complaining about :rofl::rofl:

This has been seen!

/* runs back to bug forums where I belong */

7 Likes

Easy solution for ā€˜ā€˜fortitudeā€™ā€™:

get rid of ā€˜ā€˜fortitudeā€™ā€™, give them ability to switch to horse archers. Balance: Once they become horse archers they drop their lance, making them horse archers irreversibly. Also make their arrows armor piercing low. This is also historically correct as Turkish archery focused on flight archery which meant the arrows were light.

So in game strategy once you switched to horse archer, they became effective against trash units and villagers.

6 Likes

i like what i like now this you are doing making false accusations without knowing anything

you are the behaviour everybody should complain you are still writing here go write to some other stuff too you are keep sabotaging this thread

they can be like lodya ships it may take a while to switch horse archer or thing i said is cool to with a tech scout will become horse archers and they will get attack bonus to villagers and instead of upgrade they will get villager attack boost and their only job will be killing vills

I did not accuse you of anything in that comment.

I pointed out the absurdity of you accusing someone else considering you consistently support the accounts that actually are alts.

2 Likes

if you are not accusing ok then you are a alt too you are in my top 6 like and i didnt accuse it i asked he said no then i liked his comment but random people appearing and keep saying the same thing seems weird to me

since you said bug malians unit get out of stealth near boar

1 Like

i think health is enoug with upgrades it takes 3 culverin to take it down normal one needs 2 culverin,they also have +100 bonus damage against infantry if they were able to one shot a knight that would make them so so strong that they will break the game

Weā€™re aware of this one, but thank you for reporting!

2 Likes

im sorry but i disagree they are the best unit among the top i mentioned if they had more building damage they will be perfect

This is another alt account.

Iā€™m sure some devs opposed to this insanity but were forced into submission by their leader.

2 Likes

JamonEtxeberri

And another alt account.

1 Like

I do agree that the janissary needs a ground up redesign like the camel riders, but really Im not too fussed about the sipahi and GB.

Fortitude works out when you micro units to surround and pincer. Thats micro, true, but I think its fine if it takes micro to counter micro - that is, when eminies are running/kiting.

The GB is good and bad at the same time. Good in the sense that it does do solid work againt masses. Bad in the sense that if you make too many, the overkill potential is huge. I find that having a pair per control group gives the best results by minimizing overkill. I often say that jans cant out repair anti siege from sniping them, but thats my issue with jans specifically - beyond that you just need to make your own anti siege and establish siege superiority before pulling up with the big guns.

That said, Ottos DO need a way to handle culverin - 4 civs can make them now and 3 culvs is just doom for otto siege. Maybe acces culvs via landmark by age ## ## just nerf culvs/anti siege? Eh, something.

Jans dont really exist for me since ribauldequins are a thing. I managed to get a springald/GB/rib deathball going one time during the PUP at that sht was almost as strong the English dethball.

Horse archersā€¦yeah they need to be a thing. Historical accuracy may not be a big deal, but historical relevance was and is a big part of the charm for aoe4 over the other aoe games. The horse archers in the Otto empire were the timarli sipahi from Anatolia - actual turks, doing actual turk things from the heartlands of the turkic empire. I can get not having the horse archers as a UU, but NOT having them altogether is kinda like if the Rus didnt have knights.

5 Likes