"In Defence of Devs and DLC:" Edit: this title was obviously before the DLC lol

I agree, but I do think they could have the Berber units from the Algiers battle without the names being an issue.

1 Like

Not really, there are lots of Berbers in Morocco.

Also, the Berber Arquebusier is already renamed to Corsair Marksman, in the Barbary States Revolt.

1 Like

I think it’s only renamed because the revolution units are supposed to be pirates, heh.

1 Like

AoE 4 will be released in this November, meanwhile FE developers can release 2 or 3 expansions amid waiting for the fourth installment.

3 Likes

Technically, yes, but it only served as a support civilization for Amelia Black, only in the warchiefs was it a playable civilization…and now in the New Orleans historic battle.

2 Likes

Maybe for AoEII but not for AoEIII.

AoEII is way more popular
AoEII is less labor intensive as far as civ design goes though the fact AoEII gets campaigns added may cancel each other out.

Whatever comes after this USA civ will likely be the last piece of content this game gets. It’s a miracle it is even getting content tbh., therefore I’m going to support it.

1 Like

There are still 2 unnamed DLCs in SteamDB.

2 Likes

One of those hasn’t been updated in 16 months which makes me believe it was for beta testing or something.

2 Likes

Possibly, who knows. I think the reception of Buffalo is what’s gonna determine if we get more DLC, and I don’t mean fan reaction, I mean sales and reviews.

Depends how much work has gone into it. An African themed DLC is already half finished, all the devs need to do is add cards and civ bonuses as far as I know.

A one civ DLC probably isn’t going to draw many people in no matter what civ it is, unfortunately. If we want to continue getting content for this game some encouragement from us fans can go a long way. I tweet at AoE, FE and Tantalus quite a bit requesting more content for AoEIII.

All I know is April 10th can’t get here soon enough. :slight_smile:

I would even be happy if they give us a brief overview of future plans, like “there is an African DLC some time ahead”.
Not just announcing one “United States DLC”.

1 Like

Another reason why a US civ is bad except that they screw up the timeline is because it opens up for an oversaturation of civs. What i like more about AoE3 than 2 is that it’s more selective when it comes to civs and keeps the post-colonial nations in the revolution mechanic where they should stay. I think 20 civs would be good enough for AoE3 and to have a revolutionary nation fill up a slot is a bad idea because it opens up for other post-colonial nations way too late in the timeline.

5 Likes

That is probably much more harder than it sounds…

That is what April 10th is for. They’re not gonna hold a special event and not discuss what is being planned. The sole purpose of this event is to garner hype for these games for people who want more content and AoEIV, obviously.

Reminder the only reason we know USA is coming is by accident. Context will be given soon.

5 Likes

Well of course. At least they’re not starting from scratch like they would with a Persian civ for example.

its all well and good adding new content but fixing the current issues with the game is more important, like the crashing in ranked and normal games, people disconnecting due to connection loss all the time villagers getting stuck in trade posts along with other units, villagers pathing still is bad and cant cut trees that they are tasked to that are next to them and go idle, livestock don’t work correctly and villagers go idle lol sorry abit of a rant its just frustrating that we get no reply from the Devs that they are working on it, or looking into it

I think adding persian civ is not very difficult because their architecture is like indians but more islamic (they need more mosques & some colour changes & …). Some Chinese and Japanese buildings are similar so for new asian civ I think persia is best choice because of their building similarities with india . I think wonders are the hardest part of the persian civ for devs because they need 5 different wonders . Of course they need cards and new persian units too like : Qizilbash - Qurchi - Tofangchi - Jazayerchi - Ghulam - Tupchi and …
Look at this persian image from wol :

Persia = mixture of India and ottomans

9 Likes

Isfahan is full of beautiful persian wonders.
I hope devs pay attention to them.

3 Likes

Overall when it comes to Wonders it would be nice if every civ had them - as in AoE 1 and 2. Of course that would mean coming up with a new age leveling mechanic for Asian civs. Besides, it would be a lot of work and effort on the part of the creators.

But I’m interested in the Ottoman civ. They are definitely not “European” and could have similar mechanics to the Asians. On the other hand, it would be a shame to waste potential in the Ottoman revolutions.

Ottomans have a lot of Unique Units, as do Asians. Culturally, they are closer to Persians and Indians (from the game) than to British or Swedes.

Could Wonders be reconciled alongside the Revolution? - at least with the Ottomans

1 Like

The creator of Napoleonic Era mod is working in Forgotten Empires,
so we might see some of that…

2 Likes