In game responsiveness is slower in multiplayer

I’m not sure why there aren’t more reports in the forum yet, but this issue has to be affecting the vast majority of lobbies (if not ranked TGs) as well. Every lobby at least one person, usually several, are complaining of 3-10 seconds of lag. It’s unplayable.

The show match between GL and Amigos had to played on the previous release because of the bug.

Have you tried to enable V-sync? It kinda makes things a bit better for me.

Yes, I thought vsync fixed it, but it may have been restarting my computer. I had several games without lag after restarting and enabling vsync, then the lag returned for several games.

V-sync messed up with my fonts and now I understand why people are complaining about new fonts. I can’t understand why this new “bug-fixing” patch is so buggy.

New patch released. Please test. It should fix the issue.

I have the same issue units won’t do what I tell the to right away and it’s not lag as I’m playing at 60ms

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it lag. I would call it poor responsiveness. Vsync did not help.

Same issue here.
Everything becomes laggy after this last patch. Please Microsoft fix it urgently.
When I click a villager to build a house around one second is elapsed before the order is proceed.

apparently an initial fix is released in PUP

Fixed in latest release. Please double check.

Feels really slugging for me this patch. SP super snappy (great), MP bad (input lag), and my internet is good.

Hi @anon642a !

Which kind of games do you play? Hosted, Ranked? Are you usually the host?

Both, I’m not usually the host for hosted. I’m near Toronto, Canada, and any server that isn’t East US has pretty noticeable input lag that is worse than it was before.

did you check fps? in my case in every game (1v1 both ranked and quick play) I have passages of dropping fps from the usual 60 or so to 20, 30 or so. this makes queueing instructions (with shift key) to respond randomly and frequently disappear. It appeared with the latest release as after applying the beta to the previous one I faced no issues.

1 Like

Thx. I don’t think it was FPS issues because it didn’t happen on East US server or single player. The good news is that is seems to have gone away on it’s own (or it was psychological (for me) in the first place :slight_smile: )

Edit: Scratch that, some games on UK server (111ms ping) are fine for me, others (on same server) pretty noticeable input lag. This is right at start of 1v1, I’m getting 165 fps.

Wow this info is real. that points out some serious net code or server issue.

When I play on my default Asian server, even if I have 80 ping the rubber banding of units is really noticeable and commands take like random 200 ms to take effect. It is immediately noticeable right at the start of the game where the FPS is ~140 and nothing big happening.

But when I create a game on East US on purpose, even though I have 190ms ping the rubber banding is gone and command delay is just stable 190ms, no random extra delay.

This doesn’t seem to happen last year (before the 2022 Jan patch), at least from what I see in my online team games back then.

I cannot confirm it is fixed.

Hello everyone,

Check this post :smiley:

Hi,
Thanks! The PUP seems to solve the problem.
I tried limiting FPS to 60, 144, and unlimited. All worked!

this has worked for me. Thanks!