In hypothetical playoff showcase for AOE4 (1v1/ 2v2 / BO3s), who would you like to see?

Grubby vs TOD would be better, especially because there is rivalry between them :rofl:

1 Like

A nice pro game of age of empire 4 will be fun to see. :smiley:

LOL Yes there will be no ggs that game. I was thinking more of the Grubby Moon finals from WCG 2008 where the casters and audience lost their minds over some of the micro

1 Like

I’m sure grubby will try it since he plays a variety of games these days. I’m not sure if moon will play since he is still at the top of wc3 but it would be amazing to see.

Used to watch them on Arirang as a kid, parents were not happy.

For some reason I actually think AOE3 players will do better than AOE2 players at AOE4. Are we allowed to talk about the pace, broadly?

1 Like

I doubt it as its a specific gameplay element. Unless pace was discussed by devs in an interview or promotional material.

They have said it public that they wanted to give more early game options. Also Viper who was in the council has said that it played faster than aoe2.

That’s not much, but would lead to the conclusion that the pacing is a bit faster than aoe2 at least.

2 Likes

I think a 3 team tourney with pros from each game teamed to see who is the best would be really fun.

3 Likes

Based on what the Viper said I think we can assume that the pace either picks up quicker (acceleration) or is just higher on average (velocity). As an AOE2 player I’m not sure if this is great unless the late game is also interesting.
A quick pace can make every game feel a bit ‘small’ and not grand

Damn he’s fast! 20 characters

I think he is as fast as others top players in others RTS like sc2/aoe2DE ^^. But what is amazing me is how they can enjoy doing always the same things since 25 years ^^

True, you’d think it starts becoming work at some point. He seems faster than AoE2DE players. Way faster! Maybe on par with Korean SC2 pros.

Hmm i don’t think he is faster than Hera for exemple, there are more old pro in aoe2 community which are not that fast indeed but Hera/lierry (for those i know) have pretty hight apm.

2 Likes

Where are Nakamura, The Ouroboros, TheMista and IamMagic (AOM pros)??

1 Like

And RecoN, eery, Carnage, etc. from AoEO and AoM plus all sorts of AoE3

The Mistaa is a legend across the franchise. Naka is amazing too.

MBL, Jordan: Age of Empires 4 sucks.

Everyone knows it sucks ■■■ but people here in the forum

1 Like

Why are you in a forum for a game that sucks?

1 Like

Do you have a source for that?

As a beta player I can say that in my opinion at least AOE:IV in fact does NOT suck.

Also MBL: DE sucks. No one will play it. This game is stupid. It’s horrible. Let’s go back to voobly.

He changed his mind after about a month lol. It would have been quicker if his game didn’t keep crashing at the beginning.

5 Likes