India age 4 card- Infinite 11 Chakrams. Has no pop limit

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Update 3552
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

India age 4 card- Infinite 11 Chakrams. Has no pop limit.
The infinite native cards have their own pop limit equal to 2 or 3 native posts. Counted only for the units sent through that Card.
Eg Infinite 6 War Elephants card has a pop limit of 12. Which is equal to having 2 Sufi trading posts. You can’t send the card if you have 7 or more Homecity War Elephants surviving on map.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a skirmish against easy AI as India, and do fast industrial.
  2. Get all trading posts on map, and also both sacred grove with full cows. All villagers gathering coin.
  3. Send infinite 11 Chakram Card repeatedly till the map fills with them.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The card should have it’s own pop limit like other infinite native shipments. It should not be able to have more units on map than that designated pop space.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

You can literally flood the map with them.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• I forgot to record. Will add later.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

• I’ll add this later. For the fun factor.
1 Like

Interesting find; I am certainly excited to see an image! In the meantime, I’ve added the report to our database so the team can take a look!

Thanks for bring this to our attention!

1 Like

The latest update (5208) corrects this issue.

But it makes the build limit of infinite native mercenary units equal to that shipped by infinite card.

The infinite cards gave less resource value compared to one time cards, because they could be shipped multiple times and allowed overpop. The native mercenaries are weaker than regular units even with the upgrades coming with the infinite card. And the cards are effectively not infinite anymore if the build limit is same as the card shipment.
In legacy aoe3 the infinite cards used to ship a lot more units. eg 23 chakrams, 8 war elephants. And still had a higher than that build limit, to allow the shipment to be sent at-least twice.

I request you to go back to previous build limits, as in aoe3 legacy. Or at-least make it double of the card shipment amount.

That is great feedback! I would recommend splitting it off into it’s own discussion thread so others can weigh in, as we look for consensus around new ideas to consider them for the game.

Thanks, again, for the posts! =)