India needs an late game update. Ideas and suggestions

While dutch is mean to give economic buildings and russia military ones…but they have an arsenal and a fort respectively. Also dutch have 4 shipments instead of 3 like others.

1 Like

For this reason I propouse to change the chinese trade card to a food to export trade from a export to coin one.

Also India with a bonus with more export/villager could work and have sense for their tea production

maybe the sumptuary card could increase export trickle, idk

3 Likes
  1. Export is useless in late/treaty games. as it blocks population for long and arrives very slow.

2. The Indian Consulate is FAR FAR worse than Chinesse / Japanese ones.

There is simply no scope of doubt, that Indian Consulate/export needs improvement.

3 Likes

You’re mostly right Consulate/export needs improvement, but it’s not just indians.

1 Like

Chinese get instant shipments of there and japanese have hatamotos. Also china has 11~ villagers.

My suggestion is that “dowager empress” chinese card is useless, so I would change to a food->export trade.
While india would get more export per villager, also “grazing” card could give cows a export trickle.

For samptuary laws, I would change it to just give XP/export. For the team card it would give XP for europeans and natives, influence for africans and export for asians.

i strongly have to disagree here. The ottoman one is excellent. You get villagers, an extra minutemen pop for defense, and 2 bombards delivered to your HC point. The hussars combine extremely well with sepoy and the brigade is 4 bombards and a bunch of janissaries. The 3 huss is one you can actually use late game because its a small amount of pop, doesn’t train any slower than normal indian units, and the hussars are really good to compliment the indian infantry heavy army.

Brits has the best passive ability of any of the consulates, with the hp boost. The muskets are a lot redundant for india, but there’s some excellent rush builds with it

Ports kinda sucks, but it’s versatile on water maps. iirc the imperial brigade might be an interesting overpop option. Bestieros used to be better on tad because they had different stats than xbows, now they’re a little weaker. they aren’t actually all that bad mixed in with a sepoy push, but gurkha are kinda just better at everything.

France gets you crates, grens, cuirassiers, horse artillery. The crates are useable in sup easily and provides a great extra resource boost when you need to push out a big batch of units or costed shipment. the passive bonus isn’t exactly the best, but if you go french cons, then set export to the 2nd setting, you gain export much faster and you dont lose any resources.

China’s consulates are great but you almost never use them in supremacy outside desperately making anticav redcoats to just not die to cav, japans is very central to every meta build, the spanish consulate is kinda awful. I think india has the best selection in that its well rounded and all of them are useable in supremacy 1v1 in different situations

5 Likes

The point is that is useless on treaty, just for 4 extra villagers while other asians get army from there too.
Bank, church or factory are better by far and as you said portugal is useless having mughal architecture.

1 Like

the game was never designed around treaty, its not really a fault that its not the best treaty consulate. If anything, they just need a slightly better train time on the armies, the units themselves are of great variety and usefulness. The team “5%” card affects all the consulate unit so all of them walk out 15% over normal stats instead of just 10. Hussars, bombards, musketeers/jans, cuirassiers, horse artillery. Its not like china where you are forced into picking muskets out of compositional desperation

2 Likes

China has “western reforms” adding +8%… and confucious’ gift doing that shipments and armies come faster, a lot.

Nobody uses Portugal cause mughal architecture, removing them would fix india for both game modes.
In my opinion it should have options for both modes like others have

This could be fixed changing otto consulate with a mosque or giving mosque techs to charmin gate, that is literally a mosque

1 Like

Portugal should be a better option for the sea than it is now.

The cheaper buildings upgrade is replaced with a passive consulate upgrade of + 5-10% in Fishing. And the improvement of cheaper buildings turns into a permanent improvement, but more modest (From -15% in food and wood to -5%). It also delivers an arsenal.

Although the arsenal could be granted by the Ottoman alliance since it is not an alliance in common with other Asian civilizations.

1 Like

It seems, your views are strongly constrained by a 1v1 perspective and shorter games.

Legacy wasnt !!! But when DE came out it did MANY MANY huge changes, and have continuously broken old boundaries for the better n worse. DEVs always release a half baked drastic update, and later refine it as per feedback (maybe!).

And India being one of the few civs, that haven’t received a major overhaul, since the launch.
That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t get it ever.

new upgrades/researches/units/mechanism (Double cards, etc) have improved other civs far enough that India definitely needs a cure from the 100 smaller problems that plagues it.

On a very very side note. and just put some further info depth and history geek stuff, it can be noticed:
Mansabdar system was introduced by Akbar. While Charminar was built by a Ruler of a completely different dynasty. Point being…
Mansabdar system was sorta Mughal system, and
Charminar technically wasn’t a Mughal Monument.

Only Taj Mahal and Red fort, technically qualify as a proper Mughal Monument.
Meanwhile Tower of victory is a Rajpoot Monument. Karni Mata Temple is a temple, though it kindaf classify as a Rajpoot monument too, as it was built by and inside Rajpoot kingdom.

These above 4 monuments are in relatively close proximity of ~500 kms from Delhi.

Meanwhile Charminar was was built by a less popular dynasty ~1500 kms away from the war/invasion hotspots of Rajpoot/Mughals/Persian/Sikhs/Tibetans etc.

dude, chill. I’ve listed 5 simple, non controversial changes that would dramatically improve their lategame without affecting supremacy. the civ doesnt need an overhaul and i absolutely guarantee if india had euro level train times there would be screaming and whining on the forums within 24 hours demanding nerfs to sepoy and/or gurkha

1 Like

No ones asking euro level time, just cure the build times and other minor issues. Everything will come to balance automatically.

Nah, neither sepoy, nor Gurkha is a top of the line unit in their respective brackets. :slight_smile: They needed to change Sepoy age5 upgrade to 60% just to make it a decent musk. And even then!! There are plenty units and musks that easily outdo a, triple carded age5 Sepoys and gukha and have better multipliers.

Why this text??? Its a mosque, if japanese can get upgrades from golden pavillion indians could do it too.

2 Likes

haha, sure! :slight_smile:

India must have an adequate training speed without the need for be allied with the Quechuas. I think 15% more would be fine, as I suggested here:

this is a joke, right?

1 Like

I hope it was :slight_smile: They are not the bottom most, thats all.

But, Check hand attack of a griot, stats of a Magaidi n Regular. Also do compare the stats gap in legacy and in DE. Do consider Sepoy takes 3 cards, and the imperial age was 50% previously. :slight_smile: then on top of that add train time :slight_smile:

I still remember an old treaty game after release, when my mass imperial sepoys were slaughtered by imperial ulhans in equal pop. and then few days later, they patched sepoy imperial age up to 60%.

Well… there are tons of minor things that needs reconsideration or some workaround, anyways!

Indias consulate options should not be changed, they all create a nice progression for the boom.

Start by sending the card that makes things cheaper there as second card (or third if you get a TP)

go otto and get the 4 vils, its a great shipment, then task off and go to ports for cheaper age up…

hold on ports until age up for imperial, just for the 15% reduced building cost. Build paddies while it is cooling off.

Then go to french for the passive income bonus until a couple minutes before TR ends I tihnk you need 3. to task off, get brits, then send the 5 cannon and skirm shipment. Its really good and most expect gendarmes so it can make other armies off balance.

My typical start army for india looke like 10-20 tiger, 3 mahouts, 3 siege ele, 5 cannon, 15 skirms, and rest Sepoy.