Indian civilization proper representation , the gupta Empire

If you don’t count Variant Civilisations then they are now adding the 3rd and 4th new civilisation to the game.
So it’s only the base 8 plus 4 new ones so far.
There are a lot of civilisations in the world and if they keep the speed of 2/year it might take a few years until the civilisation you want will be added.
There are many different people that want many different civilisations, so the developers can’t make everyone happy.

From the same areas that already exist in the game. The similar euro-bias seen in AOE3 recenty. IDK what to say.

no.

4/8 of the original civilisations were European.
1/4 of the added civilisations are European unless you count the Ottomans as European.

Japanese and Mali are clearly not from the same area as a civilisation from the Base game.
Nor Ottomans and Byzantines (they are from the same area as each other though.)

AOE3 is not Euro centric “recently” it started with only European civilisation and then added other areas of the world.
Only the last DLC returned to Europe again, adding European maps to the game for the first time.

1 Like

Hey, don’t worry.

Now that they’ve added the dangerous concept of variant civilizations, who knows? Maybe they’ll take the corporate greed route of implementing a Hindu civilization as a variant of Delhi.

I mean, a vast portion of the playerbase have shown that they do not care about history. So it just sounds like they have been greenlit to cheaply introduce mediocre cheaply made civilizations for money.

All jokes aside, I do not trust them to do the right thing anymore. The mere fact that someone allowed the “Empire of Jade” to manifest is beyond baffling. What even is history to them now? They couldn’t keep their hands of literal fantasy content with sea monsters and treemen, what else are they greenlighting in the offices?

1 Like

Mann thats so sad to hear, its just killing the whole excitment that the inner kid from year 2000s would have for this franchise.

Yea thats the only one that can be counted.

Well Im a active AOE3, where we have continuous euro-centric updates and DLCs, meanwhile the OG 2005 Asian civ still havent got the Dedicated rework and update that they deserve. And similar is the case of some Native american sics etc.

Iam willing to switch to AOE4 but dont find it attractive “yet”. But I do keep an eye to switch later completely.

Yes, anyway, an Asian expansion arrives at its respective moment…

No idea. My incorrect prediction was that it would be one of the new civs this time tied into a Delhi campaign.

1 Like

The only Hindu faction that makes any sense is the Majapahit - they are part of the region and were the biggest hindu empire.

Barring that, there were never really any native empires of the subcontinent that ever projected they’re power outside it.

The gupta and maratha’s - they were at the end of the day flighting other natives that just liked foreigner ideology as opposed to actual foreigners. And when they did fight actual foreingers they lost.

A more reasonable one would be the Mewar. I think they were a faction of the subcontinent that both predated Delhi and were rivals to them. They even ended at the same time when the Mughals killed of both the Lodi dyansty and the Mewar right after.

wtf are you talking about?! The whole reason this variant naming controversy happened was because most of the player base, if not a large majority, DOES care. But you sure are making it difficult for those of us who do, because when you do your whole unhinged rage thing, people just look at it and brush aside all criticism as hyberbolic nonsense, ignoring actual valid criticisms.

1 Like

Greatest empires of India:

Dravidian architecture:

The South India deserves attention at some point in the future. The Dravidian people are extremely ancient, they have a different and very beautiful architecture, as well as some different weapons.

The Chola Empire would play this role very well, other examples are also the Hoysala Empire or Vijayanagara Empire.

I hope to see the Dravidian people someday.

1 Like

because they are by far the most complete factions design wise? the European factions had 2-5 unique units, most in the lower end, while asian factions from 2007 where completely unique.

1 Like

Yeah seems most people don’t like the names, of course the usual hyperbolic toxic people are hyperbolic and toxic in their protest.

Then you have the people that don’t care about the names at all just pointing to the aforementioned people and saying everyone is overreacting.

What I have not seen is anyone that has any cogent argument for keeping the names as they are.

So seems like everyone would be happy (other than those who never are) if they change the names to be more logical.

• Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs (2006).
  • Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (2007)
  • Age of Empires III: DE (Sweden + The Incas) (2020)
  • Age of Empires III: DE - DLC EE.UU (2021)
  • Age of Empires III: DE - The African Royals (2021)
  • Age of Empires III: DE - DLC Mexico (2021)
  • Age of Empires III: DE - Knights of the Mediterranean (2022)

Ah yes, out of the 7 DLC, we have 1 european, 2 american (USA/Mexico), 1 native, 1 asian, 1 african DLC as well as the Sweden/Inca of which 1 is a european civ.

Super Eurocentric focused DLC, we have an entire 1.5/7 european DLCs, during the strongest historical era of European power

Well, just since the theme has “Gupta” in the name, it would be good to inform you that in Age of Empires 2:DE, there is a Gupta custom campaign. Who knows, maybe it will inspire more than one to make a concept, and if not, at least to have a fun time

Barring that, there were never really any native empires of the subcontinent that ever projected they’re power outside it.

Cholas did.

20 characters

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I think they will eventually include the Cholas as a playable civ…

But thats alot closer to Sri Lanka, no?

Cholas were from Tamil Nadu. For a brief period of around 75 years, they ruled part of Sri Lanka. Their overseas empire was more focused on South East Asia.

In reality they lasted almost 430 years (850-1280) the climax was during the period of Rajendra Chola (1015-1045)…

I meant 75 years for only the Sri Lankan territory of that empire. The other parts of the empire did last much longer as you show.