Inuit as a minor faction

Talking about Serbia, I hope we finally get European maps in the near future. The excuse for not giving them in the base game (“because Europe was mostly populated”) is kinda moot by now since there’s a map representing the entire India and another representing the entirety of mainland Japan.

1 Like

Edit: Here’s the fully fleshed out post: New Arctic Maps

Speaking of better arctic maps, here’s a couple that I’ve come up with so far:

Keewatin

Settlements - Inuit, Cree
Fauna - Moose, Caribou, Seals (on ice)
Trade Route - Two routes moving goods by dogsled.
Description - Rich hunting grounds stretch out onto the sea ice. A navy will be needed to protect villagers out on the ice and secure the Inuit settlement.

Ungava

Settlements - Inuit
Fauna - Caribou, Walruses (on sea ice), Seals (along the shore)
Trade Route - One route moving goods by dogsled.
Description - Trees are sparse in the tundra of the north. Cross the frigid waters to get the treasures of those who couldn’t make it past the icebergs (possibly water treasures, or at least high-level land ones on the icebergs).

6 Likes

Yep! arctic natives and west Africans both built their own simple crossbows from local materials. It’s just a little up in the air right now whether they developed independently or if they got a little inspiration from seeing European ones at some point. image

Both of those civs would have enough variety for a full unit roster. However, Inuit are a bit limited for a reasonable late game economy and they’d be very out of place anywhere outside of the Arctic. I’d love to see Haida as a full civ though. The only thing against them is their relatively small population but that’s also an issue with Iroquois and Lakota.

Well, you can play as Aztecs, Lakota, Haudenosaunee and Incas in African and Asian maps

1 Like

One of those matchups actually happened.

1 Like

Wait what the actual ■■■■

They were technically Mexicans by that point, but close enough.

Ammassalik Wooden Maps could possibly be replaced by snow goggles like in wars of liberty.

So many good ideas everywhere and in different aspects. The potential of this game seems infinite.

1 Like