Invisible Castle Age+ Military Units

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 37906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • ENHANCED Graphics Pack (UHD) & Mods Enabled.

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Unfortunately, after last patch, I started having issues similar to what @Runzelbart used to have in another topic (link below):
In my Ranked 1v1s on Kilimanjaro Map specifically so far, most/all military units – at least those created starting in Castle Age – from both me and my opponent, become invisible:
almost 100% time they are knights, and most other times are infantry and archers as well.

I cannot even select my invisible units with drag-select unless they become idle and I use my Select All Idle Military Units or Control Group hotkey if I manage to group them afterwards.

I can see the footstep/sand effects that they walk over, however.

When I play back the recorded game, I see the units just fine – but of course it’s too late for the actual match.

Unfortunately, I forgot to capture screenshots, but will try to capture them when I can.

Please help!

-__________________________________

@Runzelbart with similar issue in another topic: Camels go invisible on Multiplayer game after researching Heavy Camels:

:arrow_forward: MY WORKAROUNDS

In the meantime:

• I just realized ever since the last update, I’ve been ignoring AOE2DE’s Admin. requests to install this program command line:
    “[My Steam Folder]\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\runasadmin.vdf [6 digits]”
    I’ll let it run now.

• I’ll also disable my Enhanced Graphics Pack and Mods to see if that will help.

I’ll report back if I no longer see the issue for a significant period of time after those workarounds.

1 Like

:arrow_forward: ISSUE UPDATE

Ever since I disabled UHD, I didn’t have this issue anymore … until now:

On regular 1920x1080 resolution, my issue in multiplayer now is this bug caused these to become invisible:

• hunted boar, as soon as attacked & chasing
  • killed sheep
  • villager running away from boar

Villagers can no longer be tasked to harvest it via a click – unless they were the original hunters/killers or they automatically moved to harvest it after they’re done harvesting another.

• Some enemy military units in age 1-2 (scout cav. & militias) also became invisible too, looks like after they start attacking my buildings.

:arrow_forward: SCREENSHOT

invisible hunted boar and sheep

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 40874
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • ENHANCED Graphics Pack (UHD): Disabled.
  • Mods: Enabled

:arrow_forward: NEXT WORKAROUNDS I’LL ATTEMPT

• Update graphics card drivers & Windows.

time to reinstall the game!

Good point, thanks! I’ll try that next time it happens again. So far updating my drivers and restarting my computer seems to work (though might as well restarting the game itself temporarily fixed it too).