Is it just me or it isn't possible to select one villager at a time by clicking the resources HUD?

Last time I played, some days ago before the May/June update, I couldn’t select the villagers that were working on resources, unlike in Age of Empires 1: Definitive Edition. Is this a missing feature or is it just a bug? Honestly I got surprised since I expected AoE2:DE to work exactly like AoE1:DE.

2 Likes

How is it exactly supposed to work?

1 Like

Let’s say we have 2 villagers working on wood, and 1 on gold. Clicking on either of those resources (on the upper HUD) would select one of them by clicks made. Do I make myself clear?

Alright, this doesn’t work also for me. Perhaps developers didn’t find it important enough to add. I am not certain how useful would cycling through specific resource gatherers one-by-one be, but of course developers might add it if enough players shows interest in it.

1 Like

It seems it is one of the QoL I present in the Age of Salamanders scenario (if you test it, you access it by clicking on a woad raider a bit after the Southern Gate).

I never played AoE1 DE and did not know it was one of its features. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s faster to select villagers that way. Just like it’s easier to select idle ones with the respective button.

1 Like

Sorry it’s a late reply!

The trailer for your mod was very funny to watch :smile:
Nice mod you made there! And, congratulations on what you’ve achieved! Villager management by resource is available in AoE1:DE, yes. And I was actually surprised it wasn’t included in AoE2:DE in the 1st place.

Yours are some interesting features, thanks for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

After 3 months, I see that this feature wasn’t implemented yet. I do use the villager-per-resource feature a lot, and even got so accostumed to it, that I feel like I need it in all Age games.

Hopefully it gets added, as well as in AoE3:DE and AoE4!

Great to see you like it! :smiley:

1 Like