Is it technically even possible to make a Spiritual successor by Age of Empires 4?

Is it technically even possible to make a Spiritual successor by Age of Empires 4?

Hello there, well where should I start.
So far I did read original Age of Empires team isn’t there ?
They did hire some other new team for the job.

Age of Empires does use a different Engine than games from new developer team.
So do they learn now the Age of Empires engine or do it on theirs ?

If I do look for example at Company of Heroes 2 engine,
there is a lot of features you need for age of Empires, but doesn’t have:

• Animals, some sheeps are extremely important for Food.
  • Maps are generated randomly
  • black fog/shroud does cover undiscovered locations
  • Water with ships and fish.
  • game speed controls, to change from slow, medium and fast game speed.
  • Conversion. You can change with a priest religion of your enemy units, so they become yours "Wololo”
  • Walls and gates
  • Taunts " Write a number for Words, like 1 enter= yes
  • Trade resources
  • Send resources to allies.
  • Map Editor
  • Horse Riders
  • Codes for like to get 1000 stone, Flying Dutchman, reveal map or no fog.
  • Diplomacy is a big feature I do really miss.

But so far I did see in last years nothing alike that.
Is it today technically even possible ?

lol why would u think that its technically not possible, when it was possible 18 years ago?

nowadays technically everything is spossible!

Check others like EE , 0 A.D, Empires Apart, RoN. More similar with that list 0. A.D and Empires~~~~ apart.

We shouldn’t worry whether it’s technically possible, because it sure is, we should worry if they are aware of all these AOE-trademark features and they know they must be in-game.

@arapiCOMMANDER said:
lol why would u think that its technically not possible, when it was possible 18 years ago?

Exactly this, it has been 18 years, do they today even know how to do it?

@Augustusman said:
Check others like EE , 0 A.D, Empires Apart, RoN. More similar with that list 0. A.D and Empires~~~~ apart.
That games are pretty old and I do have them already.
@IamDalv said:
We shouldn’t worry whether it’s technically possible, because it sure is, we should worry if they are aware of all these AOE-trademark features and they know they must be in-game.

I personally don’t expect, them to be able to, even if they wanted.

They will pretty fast run into the predictable problem,
“oh wait a moment Company of Heroes Engine cant do it,
so will mix something up”

@arapiCOMMANDER said:

@Augustusman said:

@IamDalv said:

@Huge5000RTSFan said:

@Augustusman said:

Empires apart is in beta and 0 A.D in alpha.

If AOE4 will come back to medieval times, i really hope to see a great engine to move our army. I’m playing, just now, Spellforce 3 campaign, and this is what i’d like to see in term of graphic:

@arapiCOMMANDER said:

@Augustusman said:
@IamDalv said:

@arapiCOMMANDER said:

@Augustusman said:
@IamDalv said:

@arapiCOMMANDER said:

@Augustusman said:
@IamDalv said:

I dont see the problem to do so.

@ThaPlaya313 said:
i think(hope) microsoft and relic are not stupid enough to make an aoe game that doesnt feel like one

I still remember how Microsoft did outsource Age of Empire to another company to make and “Age of Empires online” was simply horribly bad and ugly game. Perhaps it could happen again, without them even noticing it.

Problem is, they don’t know Age of Empires like people do,
they did not play Age of Empires like people did.
Well make some Knights and look like AoE is achievable,
but without all the options AoE has, it won’t be enough in my opinion.

It’s for example, not like Spellforce 3 is a bad game, it just isn’t better than Age of Empires 3,

play same maps is boring,
Age of Empires does give you a unique map each time if you want.

play on same speed is annoying,
Age of Empires gives you time to give orders or speed up to faster kill everything.

In such game with just 1 or 2 game mods and no real settings to change makes it too repetitive very fast,
We never got again such Quality game like Age of Empires 2 in good graphics.
Age of Empires is in first place good, because you can set the Experience you want.

But how can they know it and how to do it ?

This other company that created Age of Empires Online was Robot Entertainment, which was founded and run by the guys from Ensemble Studios. AoEO was made by the same people who made AoE, AoE2, AoM, and AoE3.

@“Andy P” said:
This other company that created Age of Empires Online was Robot Entertainment, which was founded and run by the guys from Ensemble Studios. AoEO was made by the same people who made AoE, AoE2, AoM, and AoE3.

According to Wikipedia

Age of Empires Online is a multiplayer online real-time strategy game developed by Robot Entertainment >and Gas Powered Games, which released on August 16, 2011.[1] Based upon the gameplay of the Age of >Empires series, it was originally developed by Robot Entertainment, but on February 24, 2011, Gas Powered >Games, the creators of Supreme Commander, took over production. The game was published by >Microsoft.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Empires_Online

So it was outsourced to another company. And it looked really ugly.
If Microsoft can give OK to such game, I am really worried what they will mix up for Age of Empires 4.

############################################# “”)

Don’t worry, Microsoft learned their lessons after AOE Online. It’s highly unlikely a company bases their next product on one of their failures. They want to succeed, not to flop again.

Regarding the Spellforce 3 graphics, they look nice but they have that 3D RTS problem where things aren’t clear enough to tell what’s going on. I personally don’t want it to look like that.

Yes. AoEO made a number of mistakes. But if we are going to provide critical commentary – and we are – it should be as informed as possible. AoEO was created by much of the same people who created the other games. The game’s bones are strong. The early choices about paywalls and so forth were terrible. It wasn’t as accessible as it’s forebears. It is confusing. It bogs new players down in weird ways such as leveling and withholding civs. But the game itself feels very much like a furthering of the AoE model. It expands and improves on the franchise in a number of ways.

@Huge5000RTSFan said:

@“Andy P” said:

According to Wikipedia

Age of Empires Online is a multiplayer online real-time strategy game developed by Robot Entertainment >and Gas Powered Games, which released on August 16, 2011.[1] Based upon the gameplay of the Age of >Empires series, it was originally developed by Robot Entertainment, but on February 24, 2011, Gas Powered >Games, the creators of Supreme Commander, took over production. The game was published by >Microsoft.[2]
Age of Empires Online - Wikipedia

So it was outsourced to another company. And it looked really ugly.
If Microsoft can give OK to such game, I am really worried what they will mix up for Age of Empires 4.

You dong remember, right? When that gane was released , they show the minds behind the project.