There seems to be a lot off small changes made to the civilization’s and to the game, which are not documented anywhere.
Few of the biggest non documented changes I have found (Compared to the AoE:DE)
Most of these changes are reverted to the Rise of Rome changes, but there are some changes made which are neither in the Rise of Rome nor in the AOE:DE versions. These change are highlighted in bold.
- Villagers no longer receive +10% movement speed when aging up to the Tool Age.
- Scouts food cost increased from 90 to 100
- Broad Swordsman hit points reduced from 80 to 70
- Long Swordsman hit points reduced from 100 to 80
- Legion hit points Increased from 140 to 160
- Long Swordsman upgrade cost decreased from 240F 100G to 160F 50G
- Helepolis damage reduced from 45 to 40
- Helepolis upgrade cost increased from 1200F 1000W to 1500F, 1000W
- Cataphract hit points reduced from 240 to 220
- Elephant Archer Gold cost reduced from 60 to 45
- Assyrian no longer has access to Alchemy
- Babylonian loses access to all Chain mail upgrades
- Palmyra Villagers no longer have +1 pierce armor
Side note: Persian technology tree incorrectly states that they have access to Chariots/Scythe Chariots, and that they do not have access to Elephant Archers.