Isn't it a good time to bring AOE on Mobile?

i totally agree this point

1 Like

I think too many people would be disappointed if game was set in Modern time period. For Age games Medieval and Colonial period Will always be better choice. In modern times empires were disintegrating and democracies were rising.

People thinks with conservative ideology when someone talk about it’s set time period and mobile platform

2 Likes
  1. Age of Empires 3 was very successful and was the latest game in the series. Yes it was less successful than AoE2 over all but still very successful.
  2. There was this one image in an official art book or something that showed that the planned setting for AoE4 was 20 century (the image showed Vietnam) and Sci-Fi for AoE5. Halo Wars is basically AoE5.

They already partially “wasted” the name on mobile.

My point is that if mobile games didn’t exist, the game would not be called Age of Empires 4, but because they exist they have to call it Age of Empires 4.

The Empires part doesn’t really matter.
Greek was not an Empire and there are practically Empires today.
If you can sell an Assassins Creed without Assassins you can sell and Age of Empires without Empires but that’s all beside the point.

I have never said that AoE4 should be modern.
I just said that the name is not optimal because some people think it should be.
Once a month a thread pops up about someone complaining it’s not a WW1/Modern game because they think that’s what was promised to them 15 years ago.

Age of Empires 4 was the best possible name they could choose, not because it’s good but because all other options are just worse.

2 Likes

But who promised them??

1 Like

i think the graphic in the booklet of aoe3 was an concept idea. no promise.
the majority of gamers are lucky with medieval and microsoft knows this. and there is no clue about it, look at the surveys (gamestar.de) - medieval is the favourite time for an age.

3 Likes

The implication of the number 4.
The “A new Age is upon us” at the end of the AoE4 announcement trailer in 2017.
The AoE3 booklet that implied that there was a 20th century AoE4 planned back than.

Yes. The issue is that there will be enough people out that hear “Age of Empires 4” and than think it’s not medieval because of the number and than not do further research to find out it actually is.

2 Likes

you are right. you implicated it with the number 4. but that is your own expectation, not that what is really promised.
“a new age is upon us” is a good slogan, some punchline, some art with words - but like art - you can take it literally.

the booklet it over 15 years old now and dont represent any plan or the gamerbase.

3 Likes

I’m not talking about myself.
I saw multiple threads coming up about people that were hoping for a modern setting or people complaining on the Discord server.

If gamers thing they got something promised they can get surprisingly emotional.

2 Likes

LOL.
I do remember that. But New Age doesn’t mean modern times looks like people took this kind of fan made posters too seriously.
images (8)

3 Likes

i saw this posts too, but if you look at the typography and word expression, you can easily tell, that the people on discord and in the threads and also on youtube comments are the same guys.

it is sad for them, if the feeled betrayed by a imaginary promise - but maybe they should stop complaining about it and co on and found a game, that give them their promise. so i foundet “iron harvest” and yeah it was great.

the toxic, whining and destructive people nowdays destroying any constructive talk about games and ideas. no matter i like or dislike the artstyle of a game and graphic, there are people behind it, working hard and trying their best. so i think it is decency to tell my ideas, critics and opinion in a constructive way.

2 Likes

This isn’t a fan made poster.
This is real promotional art from Ensemble Studios that came with AoE 3 CD.

5 Likes

it was a concept art

1 Like

Sure. But that doesn’t make it fan art.

3 Likes

thats totally right!

1 Like

If someone got it with game cd then there’s a huge chance he bought pirated copy of the game.

1 Like

hm? why? tell us please

1 Like

Common sense my friend. If you have bought AOE3 CD then it should have AOE 3 cover not Future Prediction Cover which showcases games haven’t planned yet

1 Like

I really hope we wil lget the last 2 games though. maybe age 4 equals 2, then 5 equals 1, maybe 6 equals 3.- timewise - but un the end, It should try to go in the modern era, and then, the future. these games may be spinoffs, they dont have to be liked by everyone, but I would myself like to see a new setting at some point.

i was also sad they went back to medieval, but it looks great and campaigns are so different I think it will be fun

3 Likes

it was an concept art notbook in the pack of the special edition i think.
i have the complete editon here, but there isnt it.

1 Like

If it’s a concept art & not made by games developers
Then it’s fan made.

1 Like