Issues Hindering Ai Modding

there are still issues that hinder modding the ai that i hope gets resolved in the current PUP.

a major one is ai mods blocking ranked and forcing others to download through the mod manager to play with you, which greatly reduces the usability of these mods online. this is a problem exclusively with the mod manager, manually installing ai mods in de or legacy allows seamless online play with others who do not have it.

Allow Ai mods To work in Multiplayer - Age of Empires III: DE / III - Modding - Age of Empires Forum

a more minor problem is not being able to give certain civ ai walls due to lacking CWallGate in their tech tree. would make coding walls so much easier for players if you gave access to them.

CWallGate MISSING - Age of Empires III: DE / III - Report a Bug - Age of Empires Forum

some more general improvements that would help in modding the ai:

having the ai be able to tell empty slots in a mine/berries/hunts and dynamically assign them even when slots are occupied by other players to avoid idling.

if there is a switch we can turn on when the ai runs out of safe wood sources to be assigned into an estate/buy wood only mode would also be a help in very long running games.

I’m sure there’s more but these are the long standing issues that come to mind currently. feel free to share if there is anything else that hopefully gets fixed in this pup to enable better ai modding.

2 Likes