Issues with playing with friends (ALL ON STEAM)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.1529
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

EVERY PARTY INVOLVED HERE PURCHASED THE GAME ON STEAM!
(Emphasizing this because my last post was marked duplicate with a crossplay post.)

There seems to be something preventing me from playing with my friends in multiplayer. This manifests itself in two ways:

1. If one of my two friends (who are both also playing on Steam) creates a multiplayer lobby I can not see it, it does not appear in the “browse games” lobby for me. Searching for the game ID does not bring up anything either. The converse is also true: if I create a lobby, neither of my two friends can see it.
  2. I can not invite them (or anybody) to a ranked lobby. When I click the “invite teammate” button, I get the message “Failed to bring up the invitation dialog, please try again shortly.” Interestingly, the converse here is NOT true, both my friends are able to invite players to a ranked lobby just fine, including myself. We played a game together just fine this way, by one of them inviting me to their ranked lobby and queuing up. However I am still unable to invite anybody to my ranked lobby and issue 1 is still present.

To clarify, the two of them can and join see each others’ lobbies just fine, it just doesn’t work with me.

I can also see and join dozens and dozens of other games open in the lobby just fine, just not any created by my friends.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I make a lobby

2. Friends can not see it

3. Friends make a lobby

4. I can not see it

5. I click “invite teammate” in ranked queue screen

6. I get “Failed to bring up the invitation dialog, please try again shortly.” error

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

We should be able to play together as WE ARE ALL ON STEAM.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

We can’t play together even though WE ARE ALL ON STEAM.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• N/A

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.