Italian info

Their home city?

(20 chars)

1 Like

It has the stripes like the Cathedral of Genoa

Edit: nevermind I think youā€™re right

1 Like

Yes.

Florence is a controversial choice, but it was considered the heart of the renaissance Italy (thanks to games like AC2 too) and it has also been their official capital between Turin and Rome, so it fits.

4 Likes

Florence

Genoa
download (10)

Yeah they are similar on the color scheme, but you can see that the structure is different, and the in-game church is modeled after the Florence church.

Which I think itā€™s better. Now, with no offense for the genoese, but I think that the Cathedral of Florence itā€™s just on another level.

5 Likes

I wonder whether the elmeti gain new abilities after the future release of Italian Civ :it::joy::joy::joy:

Woah ! A Leonardoā€™s tank ! :heart:

This should be an easter egg or a cheat unit, not a regular oneā€¦itā€™s almost pure fantasy.

I know, butā€¦ itā€™s incredibly fun.

Maybe not a regular unit, but a card from the Home city or an imperial politician.

2 Likes

Interesting that such an iconic old world building appears to be part of the Italians in-game settlement rather than in their Home City. Does that suggest the Italians are not depicting a ā€˜What-ifā€™ New World Italian colony like the Ottomans but Italy itself? Not a complaint just an observation.

It would be like if the British could build the Tower of London or French Notre Dame in their colony.

Also what map is the screenshot taken on? The trees look ā€˜mediterraneanā€™ to me

That bombard tower looks great I do hope those are buildable.

6 Likes

Plague Doctor :smiley: hell yeah!!!

1 Like

Why wath is it for unit?

Right now seems that there isnā€™t a musketeer unit. And we donā€™t know what role will perform Bersaglieris

Maybe the balloon grandpa politician who looks very much like da Vinci XD

There is a skirmisher-like unit (Garibaldiā€™s volunteers?) and their upgraded skin might be the bersaglieri uniform.

I think da vinciā€™s tank can easily be a new cheat haha

1 Like

This make no sense, since Bersaglieri were created in 1836, while garibaldi volunteers were created in 1843, and not even in italy (random char because forum is weird)

ā€œRangersā€ which is a unit created in colonial America upgrades into green jackets soā€¦and hakkapelit can evolve into a unit that seems to have no relation with it.

Upgraded unit skins do not really reflect progression of real world units. They just become fancier.

BTW Iā€™m not talking about the Garibaldiā€™s volunteer in South America but the expedition of the thousand.

1 Like

Rangers were still created by british, in what was british land at the timeā€¦ Garibaldi volunteers were instead not created by italy, nor on italian landsā€¦ And again, the Bersaglieri simply precede the volunteers, especially if we take in consideration I Milleā€¦

This doesnā€™t mean we couldnā€™t get a redshirt unit, just that their relation to Bersaglieri is non existant

Well but the iconic uniform remains throughout 19th century.
So if you really want to find a theory for it then maybe it is some irregular volunteers ā€œupgradingā€ into a regular unit.

My speculation is from the unit roles.
They already have a crossbowman. No need to give them two rifle units to fulfill the roles like US.
Or maybe one of them is not generally accessible (like either the redshirt is a militia unit or the bersaglieri is an elite unit sent by cards only).

Which never happened for redshirts, there is no relation to the two groupsā€¦ Simply as thatā€¦ And making one become the other would be such an historical awful take that would bring shame on whoever thought it was a good thing to do

For unit roles redshirts would be a musk replacementā€¦ And crossbows are an error, by the 1550 they were already phased outā€¦ The italian wars of the XVI century were fought with guns, crossbow was surpassed by firearms during those wars
Like the papal swiss guards stopped being used as part of the army after those italian warsā€¦
Same thing happend to heavy cavalry like the elmeti, in fact Giovanni delle Bande Nere was the last Capitano di Ventura, and died in the italian wars because of a firearm injuryā€¦

1 Like