Italians are 99% confirmed. This time for real

After Italians, if they add more civs, I probably think that they will go to Korea (although they weren’t basically under China?) or Persia/Iran

2 Likes

What were the bonuses and unique aspects of the civ there.

Because I remember it but couldn’t find it anymore…

1 Like

Maybe versions of them, just like they did with the hakkapel and the hakkapellit, it’s not the same unit, one is a high-pop mercenary and the other is like a normal unit, it’s basically the same unit, but a bit different, so probably yes, a 2/3 pop elmeti that is like a Lancer and maybe something else

1 Like

Here’s a brief introduction to civs in Napoleonic Era mod.
But the Italian civ in that mod is more like a medieval civ, while it seems the new dlc will give a civ based on Kingdom of Italy of 19th century.

1 Like

There you have the design of NE Italians.

Seems to have been influenced by all the Da Vinci Code stuff.

9 Likes

If it is anything like the NE Italians then we have nothing to worry about. They were a joy to play.

1 Like

I could see the Elmeti becoming a regular unit, but I can’t imagine the same happening with the Li’l Bombard lol

Either way, if the Italians actually get added, I hope their audio is used to make a mod that makes AoE2 Italians actually speak Italian.

3 Likes

I think the Li’l Bombard could be created in factories. :smile:

2 Likes

maybe a card, like the Swedish card ‘german mercenaries’ could fit in this case.

1 Like

So it was Morocco. I’m not really sure is a Euro civ, I feel is more like an Asian one (Korea).

Italians won’t be added, because they don’t fit the rest of the game. The only possibility for adding Italians is making a DLC which expands the game setting into Europe, with new historical battles and, hopefully, a new full campaign, about how Kingdom of Italy was born, perhaps?

I have the feeling that the precedent comment is gonna age very badly in due time

7 Likes

Of course, that would also be a solution…

This map is a map of 1789, at the time of the French Revolution…

according to this map would be missing:

1. Italians
  2. Poles
  3. Danes
  4. Moroccans (Bornu and Ashanti I do not include them since they would be as alliances of the Hausa)
  5. Persians,
  6. Afghans
  7. Burmese
  8. Siamese,
  9. Vietnamese and
  10. Koreans
2 Likes

The Italians have access to more technologies than other civilizations. Their economic upgrades and market exchange are slightly better than they are for other civilizations. They also have stronger buildings; most of their buildings are constructed by their architect heroes. Italy starts with resources already in their inventory. They also gain their first shipment earlier than other civilizations. Another bonus is the large bandwidth of politicians which allows them to age up more cheaply to the Colonial, Fortress, and Industrial age, however, they do not provide any other bonuses. The Italians can also make a huge basilica, which can make Church units and Nuncios, (unique Italian priest that boosts nearby units stats and, with a Basilica upgrade, can get an attack that kills most units) Gives a trickle of coin and other resources, and serves as a University.

1 Like

Is this leaked info from devs?

No, what the napoleonic era mod had for Italy.

If the Italians enter the aoe 2 I do not see why they could not enter in the aoe aoe 3 too, if in fact they had been planned to enter in first place in the launch of the game…

1 Like

Of course, as it happens with the American Gatling,the British rocket or the European royal cannon…

1 Like

They could do the historical battle of Pavia of 1525, where you play with the Italian city of Pavia defending yourself from the siege of the French until the arrival of the Spanish army and then launch a final attack to capture Francis I and win the historical battle (it would be similar to the battle of Algiers or Alcazarquivir, but playing with Italians)…and obviously in that European dlc would be the Battle of Khalenberg of 1683 playing with the Poles against the Ottomans and the Battle of Waterloo of 1815 playing with the British against Napoleon…

2 Likes