Italians or USA as the next aoe3 DLC?

based on the leaked info of US as a faction its pretty clear they are in fact regulars.

2 Likes

And US is definitely not part of history because adding US to a history game is like adding France to a US civil war game.

Your comment doesnt make any logical sense in terms of the English language.

Like what does it refer to what you trying to communicate.

2 Likes

Yes, but by “Austrians” people mean here not only Austrians-Germans but also Bohemians, Slovaks, Hungarians, Croats, Serbs, Slovenians, Italians (Venetians), Poles and other which I forgot. So there is definitely a room to create Austrians in European DLC to cover this populous multinational empire which played major continental role.

Imaging using someone’s original logic and being criticized as “doesn’t make any logical sense” by the same person.

1 Like

Read my comment again, maybe slowly so you can understand it, as I cant make any sense on your comment as it doesnt show any remark what you are trying to communicate with me and trying to say.

1 Like

I dont think you saw the context in which I used Austrians. It refered to how similar Americans are to British and Austrians to Germans.

What you are refering in here is to the nation of Austria, not Austrians. As Austrians are in fact not hungarians, slovenes etc.

#1 “History is one of the biggest themes of AoE franchise”
#2 “the theme of the game just doesnt fit a US civ.”
#3 “You dont see people adding France, Austria-Hungary and Serbia to a US civil war game like war of rights do you? US is one of the worst choices to add.”

Basic logic: if someone uses analogy, he/she implies the same logic applies to both.

Where did I state US isnt part of history lol, thats what your comment said, which I told you didnt make sense.

#1 “History is one of the biggest themes of AoE franchise”
#2 “the theme of the game just doesnt fit a US civ.”
#3 “You dont see people adding France, Austria-Hungary and Serbia to a US civil war game like war of rights do you? US is one of the worst choices to add.”

Fill in the blank:
Adding US to the game is like adding France to US civil war.
France does not fit the theme of US civil war, so ______ does not fit the theme of history.

1 Like

No lol.

The base theme is history in the sense that you cant add unicorns. The main theme tho were the game is build on is the colonization of the Europeans of the new world. The revolution system added the US in the best way it could be added as the nation is just too similar to British.

1 Like

Adding the USA, to a game that starts in the 1500s, is basically adding in unicorns.
They are only fit for a Revolution.

2 Likes

Thats what I am saying but this guy keeps trying to find analogies that arent there.

i got to admit i am a little confused about what Arrived tries to argue.

2 Likes

Ok I saw the name on steam, it may be a neme used to purposely mislead us, but I also don’t think that it would be worth the effort.

Personally, I prefer the USA as a revolution option, since in my opinion it’s more accurate, and unique. I don’t like the idea to be a full civ.

Another reason, is that the Americans and Asian theaters were well explored, while Europe and Africa not, and USA has nothing to do with those 2. So it would mean that the new DLC will again be set in the same place over and over again.

To be onest though, neither italy was united at the time, but at least it didn’t either revolt from a foreign power.

1 Like

And that is never well established, and it’s a very fragile one, almost broken from the beginning of the game.
Otherwise it will go back to the old arguments that most of the units should not make their appearance.

BTW why are people so strict about some “theme” that is clearly defined by whatever is already in the game? None of the earlier expansions of the earlier games followed the “theme” that was established by the original.
Before TAD, the theme of AOE3 is the Americas.
Before the Conquerors, the theme of AOE2 is Europe and Asia, and all the civs exist at the beginning of the game, then they add Spanish.
Before ROR, the theme of AOE is anything before the Roman Empire.

That “theme of European colonization” exists because the game hasn’t been updated for 10 years, long enough for people to build over-fitting theories that justfy whatever is already in the game. You’ll experience the same backlash if TAD was announced 10 years later than vanilla.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t think the US civ is the best option for now. They fit better if there isn’t really anything more to add (which is of course not the current stage of the game) but it’s so easy to “fit” them into the game just like everything added before.

1 Like

No, it was the Middle Ages. They just expanded the geaography of the civs.

The only example of changing themes is Rise of Rome, for AoE1, because it happens after the Iron Age, in Antiquity.

2 Likes

No the theme is clearly colonization because the devs literaly stated it and basically everything about europeans is colonial.

Settlers (colonial)
Covered wagon (colonial)
Explorer (colonial)
Homecity (the whole concept is colonial)
Maps (colonial, only colonized or trade port areas really got maps)
Outlaws (frontier/colonial)
Basically every unit and building description (mainly european is colonial)

4 Likes

I can say the same for vanilla AOE3, where the theme was “early modern”.
If AOE3 is a game on “European colonization” because everything added so far is about colonization, then vanilla AOE2 is of course a game on "medieval Europe and Asian (and small part of North Africa) because that’s all we’ve got before the conquerors.

Longbows, janissaries, strelets, etc. and most mercenaries are not colonial.
The Glorious Revolution, the Edict of Nantes or the Treaty of Westphalia had little effects on the colonies.

And it’s so easy changing them to citizens or villagers. Just like they changed colonial militia to revolutionaries because that fits better to European or Asian revolutions (oh and people got outraged for that also).

BTW there were very few European “settlers” that came to China or Japan. They should only have missionaries on those maps.

DISCLAIMER: I’m not saying the game has not been about colonization, but by no means should stay that way because before TAD the game has been about American colonization.