Italy and Malta! Comment your opinion!

Same

(20 characters)

1 Like

You mean before even monday?

After 17 years weā€™re finally getting European maps.
Thank you so much devs!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

I hope I made myself understood. English is not my native language and the translator sometimes does not do it well.

Yes, before today, but after the italy leak.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty excited! Iā€™m always down for more DLC!

4 Likes

Italians are so amazing that it makes up for the Maltese. +5 points for Italians, -2 points or Maltese.

Maps all look amazing and I like the minor civs. Diplomacy mode always welcome.

Overall score: 7/10

2 Likes

Hi, the new civilizations are awesomes and i ask where i can download the screen on the youtube video (the knight vs the halberdier).

4 Likes

Iā€™m kinda disappointed thereā€™s no new revolutions

Also that the minor civs are royal families and not countries or ethnicies

3 Likes

That doesnā€™t make a lot of sense to take big countries and squeeze them into the ā€˜tribeā€™ scale factor. In some cases that would be even arguably disrespectful.
And having it in this format kinda shuts down all hopes for it coming as a major civ in the future. You can still retcon and redesign that stuff but thatā€™s not how they do it and it would be counterproductive.

Itā€™s one thing to have a country-themed revolution and then introduce it as a civ later down the line, like US for example, itā€™s other to take some serious candidates for normal civs and give them this tiny representation.

Also some of these royal families had wealth and power greater than multiple other countries in Europe combined, soā€¦ You should really read about what these names represent- youā€™d be surprised.

3 Likes

You do know Lakota, Haudenosaunee, Aztecs and Incas were all minor civs first and fully playable second, right?

6 Likes

And to what countries you want to see introduced you are comparing Lakota to?

Nobody in particular? Iā€™m just saying introducing them as minor civs doesnā€™t stop them from becoming fully playable eventually.

2 Likes

Why would it be disrespectful?

1 Like

Doesnā€™t stop, but Iā€™ve listed how itā€™s not a good way to do things, especially at this stage of post-launch support.
Also the situation of native Americans in OG AoE III canā€™t be really compared or held as an example here in 3DE, where weā€™re introducing completely new chunks of content often that were never envisioned by original designers.

Selling DLCs is about interest and hype, and if civ is not desired/recognizable/interesting to be a major civ (or doesnā€™t make financial sense to dedicate a lot of work into for other reasons) - having something like ruling dynasties and noble houses (not too far from the concept of civs in an embassy gameplay-wise) is a very elegant way to handle it, without upsetting people that might really care about a particular country and be disappointed as a result of cramming it into a game in form of few units, just to check off a box ā€˜we got theseā€™.

The truth is that I like this new concept of alliance.

5 Likes

Maybe youā€™re the only one who doesnā€™t like this new European family alliance

2 Likes

I think heā€™s actually defending her. XD

Awesome. Iā€™ll also buy this dlc. X)))

1 Like

Noble families are not the same thing as nations. You cannot say the House of Habsburg is Austria, or the HRE, or Spain, or Netherlands, or ā€œGermanyā€. Remember there was the endless quarrel on this forum on whether there should be a separate Austrian civ from the ā€œGermansā€ and whether they should be called Habsburgs etc. In fact this is quite a good way to put them into the game.

A people with its unique traits + a royal family with its unique traits (you can imagine this ā€œallianceā€ as a succession to the throne, or a marriage) = a nation at its full strength. Makes a lot of sense.

This actually reminds me of the WoL Habsburgs who age-up by marrying princesses from different countries XD.

7 Likes

It seems that they are fixing all euro civs, just one at the time.

Have patienceā€¦ hey, we waited for 17 years for Italians, so it canā€™t be that much.

Like what?

They added a ton of features with this DLC, that gives me hopes for the future onestly.

I also expected something like that, but onestly, this is more unique, so I appreciate the effort a lot.

Still, I have to know the feature more Iā€™m depth for a more accurate feedback

7 Likes