Italy and Malta! Comment your opinion!

Un ejemplo es la capacidad de las torres para disparar fuego, pero lo que me preocupa es que las civilizaciones terminen siendo OP.

But they indeeed some hand cannons on their boats that could shoot further than enemies could react. It acted like a Ribauldequin but installed on the ship

1 Like

So give them stuff they actually used. Organ guns should be generic units.

3 Likes

Hopefully they do a good job with these new civs. Excited for the new maps and to see what minor nations will be

4 Likes

Do you know if we can play on the new european maps without the ā€˜missionā€™ stuff?

1 Like

We are getting 30 new random mapsā€¦PLUS the historical ones!!!

5 Likes

:it: Italia + :argentina: RevoluciĆ³n Argentina = :skull_and_crossbones: Todas las Civilizaciones.

Fuera de broma, ĀæQuĆ© tan buna serĆ” la revoluciĆ³n argentina con Italia?

2 Likes

It looks like they might only be for historical battles. That will be a bummer if we canā€™t use the new maps in regular game either single player or multiplayer . I saw a map called thirty years war but it is only for the new diplomacy game mode

1 Like

There are 30 new Random Maps, which is the type we play usually. The mission ones are Historical Maps (and I donā€™t think they have ā€œmissionsā€ as you call them, I think youā€™re mixing them with the tycoon mode).

1 Like

Maltese might be inca on steroids with that unit teleportation building

1 Like

At least itā€™s got a cooldown

The historical maps seem to be regular maps with some specific assets and missions. Like the Eighty Years War map is almost the same as the ā€œlowlandsā€ map.

Iā€™m hyped for both civs and all the minor houses. The unit models and art look really good.

Though my only gripe currently with the DLC is that with all this effort, one of the unique units for the maltese, the hospitaller felt really low effort in the art department. It could be that it isnā€™t finished, but it feels kinda low effort comparing to literally any of the new models. Taking the Circle templar model and throwing on a few reskins for the upgrades. Weird hat on the imperial hospitaller. Kinda lackluster.

But it could be unfinished and not properly implemented yet, which I hope is the case.

3 Likes

I was very surprised when one friend told me the dlc had 2 civs on it.
I am gonna be honest, i think this could be the best dlc so far in the game, at least in my opinion.
Its great to see that the devs are putting such amount of good work and effort on this game.
Great job with the dlc. I really hope it has a successful release.

4 Likes

It seems like an awesome dlc. Italy was highly expected but I donā€™t think anyone had seriously been hoping for Malta, but hey, its here and it seems fun so letā€™s enjoy it. The civs seem a little broken at first glance, but it is hard to say for sure without actually playing them yet. In any event any OP mechanic will probably be patched down the line as usual.

I love that we get new maps and new gimmicks like those neutral towers and mills . The royal house mechanic was not what I expected but I sort of like it. In fact, the only regret about that that I have is that it seems a few big royal houses are absent, like the Romanovs, or the Hohenzollerns. Perhaps they are being saved for a future dlc.

I hope the May patch will add a few goodies in it for the rest of European civs, like some cards with new mercs or royal house unitsā€¦

4 Likes

Not going in too much on the civ picks, I mean Italy is okay, but I really dont see why such an insicnificant campaign type fantasy civ is added called Malta.

The choice for Royale Houses for the European natives is cool.

I would like them to stop following the trend of naming almost every unit in the style of ā€œinsert country or people nameā€ ā€œgeneric nameā€

For example Papal lancer, or Papal Zouave (why cant they just have the mercenary Zouave as a kind of card which enables them?), in fact all the units with Papal in front of it. It kind of feels lazy, like it isnt actually a unique unit. Would be way nicer to have names like how vanilla did, with cuirassier, ruyter, etcetera and although unique units also used names like bombard, because there wasnt such other unit in the game it didnt matter. I know this is a minor thing, but it has been bothering me.

Besides that the Italians in the unit rooster sense really feel like Spain but better and a bit of Ottoman flavor.

Malta just seems, I dont know, like vanilla campaign civ, pretty fantasy like, they just have flamethrowers for everything and atleast to me it seems like it wasnt that standard to have flamethrowers in the battlefield, I know China has one, but that is one. Also not every campaign unit has to be in a civ, thats what adds to playing a campaign because it gives some more flavour due to unique campaign units.

Also their unique ability to gain more hp or damage I got to look back which one it was, is basically the South African unique card but better, so I hope South Africa has gotten something for it in return or else the reworked revolutions are made more useless every big update.

That being said, I am looking forward to try and play Italy.

3 Likes

We are in total agreement. Thank you devs!

3 Likes

Malta clearly represents crusaders and byzantinesā€¦ so why -2 ? ā€¦ you donā€™t think thatā€™s just Malta as a country do u

1 Like

Ah yes crusaders and Byzantines, both lost their prominence well before 1492, excellent addition for a game set after that.

Even with a small time extension, they werent prominent even after 1400.

3 Likes

From what Iā€™ve seen so far italy seems far stronger and the lombards are very good, so understandable only allowing them 1 factory. Donā€™t get why malta only has 1 factory though with itā€™s quite mediocre eco.

The unique italian crossbow unit needs a small buff. The fixed gun needs itā€™s pop lowered, itā€™s not great and easily destroyed by culv/mortar and not at all worth 8 pop space.

Other than that the civs feel great and fairly balanced.