Italy General Discussion

I also wanted to discuss about italy militaty.

Italy don’t get any regular royal guard units, having the culverin and mortars as royal guard, and overall no units (without considering basilica units) are that extraordinary when looking at their stats:

Take a look at the pavisier:

Those are the stats of a FU pavisier in age 4 and 5, with the new HC card roman tactics and maxed out by the effect that allowed to increase their attack with numbers (I still have to understand how this really works). Now for comparison, look at the stats of the maltese arbalest:

I mean, yes the italian pavisier have better resistance, and can switch between different resistances, but that as we saw has it’s pros and cons. Otherwise, both on HP and attack the arbalest completely destroy the pavisier.

Now, since roman tactics also includes the pikes and halbs let’s look at those too, and compare them to the duch and spanish ones:

The halbardier:

The pikemen:

Now, arcaich soldiers should be the core and strenght of the italians, since they have the most upgrades and HC shipment for them, but as you can see they are not. Most of them fall quite back other european royal guard units, with maybe the unexpected exception of the halbs, which are surprisingly close to the duch royal guard ones, but still not on the same page.

Then what should be the strong unit for the italians? Maybe the bersagliere? Well, yes and no… here I compared the stats of the units with the french skirm and the portuguese cacador:

So again, the bersaglieri FU have overall good attack… but are that strong? In my opinion, stat-wise it depends, but overall they fall back on other skirms, what makes them strong is their ability to stun the enemy, but that is counterbalanced by the weakness of being available only in age 4, so again, it’s not that good.

What do you guys think about this?

3 Likes