ITALY need rework for treaty games

we need a rework for italy, their units, and economic are really bad compared to other in a treaty game,

3 Likes

True la k of town centers and upgrades are expensive so you are slower with villagers production and no extra factory and no settler wagens like malta and architect cost population is all not good for treathy

1 Like

Giving Italy and Malta 2 factories, but nerfing their military will be a good rework.

1 Like

Malta is fine I think, fast wood and food gathering and settler wagons but italian lombards don’t make up the lack of a 2nd factory they need a late game buff to lombards perhaps in imperial age make the investments return more.

1 Like

The game is not designed with treaty in mind. They of course won’t redesign a civ just for treaty. So i suggest play normal mode instead.

If they do that, the trade card shouldnt be infinite and removing infinite crates is a must. (Also I dont get why they get that huge crates if they have a factory and settler wagons)

their military in a treaty its no good, they cant use the church in a efficient way

2 Likes

Italy needs a second factory to be viable in treaty or lombardy needs to be better.

2 Likes

sir, i think you dont understand, we do have the treat mod for years, have several changes happen, so maybe come here if you have something constructive to add to this conversation

2 Likes

This is why I mentioned buffing the lomards in imperial, won’t effect supremacy but will help them in treaty.

2 Likes

I believe that if they buff the usury card for lombards it would be enough.

The card should gives more resources back with every investment, and the percetange of the resources generated should be bigger.

2 Likes

I personally think suggesting players to switch from treaty to supremacy is very constructive for the community and the game’s development.

I can say you the same, on treaty the civs reach their full potential

Just give Italy a second factory. Usury doesn’t give nearly the same resources a factory would and it’s micro intensive. Italy’s military isn’t even that good to warrant such a weak treaty economy.

2 Likes

It’s not good for the game. When I want to play a game on Saturday evening, I open the game and see half of the lobbies are treaty. The rest is also mixed with AI and senario games. It is very frustrating for someone who just want to play a pick up game. Treaty lobbies taking up too much space!

You should play ranked 1v1, the lobbies are all treaty or noob games because there’s no longer a ranked treaty search. Everyone else just playing ranked ladder.

1 Like

I don’t think their problem is related to factories. Maltese only have one factory and they handle it just fine.

Truth is italy has one downside to other euro civs: they don’t have particularly good standard military units. By imperial age most unit upgrade cards have already been sent. Not to mention italian RG are both artillery units. So any unit you might be massing will be mediocre at best.

It’s best to leverage special abilities so your average at best military can have a chance.

1 Like

Un par de cambios que seria interesante serian

-que con la carta Tratorria las tavernas puedan ser reconstruidas por el arquitecto ( y que el goteo de oro de tavernas y bares sea de un 0,75)
-Hacer que los lombardos tengan un ligero Goteo de oro de un 0,45 (dado que son mitad mercado mitad taverna, podrian tener este goteo pequeño de oro) asi italia hasta el final del juego tendria una ligera recompensa de oro, y compensaria la fabrica faltante (esto sumado a la carta capitalismo) 3 tavernas, 5 lombardos y capitalismo darian un total de 6,15 monedas por segundo, eso ayudaria bastante en juego tardio)

2 Likes

yes, I agree, probably Italy is now the worst euro civ in my opinion. The army is fragile, the papal units are useless due to his train mechanics. the papal bombard is awful for heavy artillery, bersaglieri are expensive and die easily compare to other skirms because they only have 0.2 rr also the economy is weak. Maybe isn’t necessary a rework but they require many buffs now is really frustrating to play Italy. All the treaty players I know say that Italy is really bad.

1 Like

then we must stop playing treaty because you don’t find open lobbies. Wow, what a great idea, I hope they give you the Nobel Prize for it