Italy revolutions

This is very abstract considering the localisation of Malta and Hungary. In my opinion, the Sicilian revolution would be a better solution.

PS: I would definitely prefer Sicilians civ than Maltese civ…

Sicily is considered inside the Italian civ, even though there could have been some more hints to it.

Somewhere I read that the Maltese civ in AoE 3 can be considered a representation of the Sicilian - which in my opinion is very strange.

Realistically Malta should’ve been nothing more than a revolt option for Italy, Spain, Britain, etc. The only revolutions that make any sense for them would be Greece and Barbary States.

1 Like

Kingdom of Jerusalem revolution xDDDDD

2 Likes

Don’t give them ideas :joy:

Maltese meme civ (20 characters)

1 Like

The maltese were basically vassals of the kingdom of spain nominally, so they were under the nearest viceroyalty, which was the viceroy of sicily.

The Maltese were put in for their appearance in the blood campaign and to reuse assets, they also needed another Mediterranean civ and the only one they had left was Malta…(I didn’t take it into account either and I would have preferred them to put Poland in, but I guess just as they did it will be fine,considering the name of the dlc)…

They obviously didn’t start things off based on the “Knights of the Mediterranean” DLC name. They picked the civs and named the expansion accordingly.

From everything else in the expansion, it would have been more accurate to call it “Thrones of Europe” and have Poland and Italy as the civs… or Poland and Denmark, or Prussia and Italy, or even just Italy by itself.

If they were actually going for a Mediterranean theme there should have been things like advanced naval mechanics and a Greek revolution option.

Of course, you are right… first they thought of Italy, then they thought of malt and wala there you have the thematic dlc…

didn’t you complain that Mexico didn’t fit because it wasn’t important enough?

Mexico is definitely important. It just doesn’t fit outside of a revolution option because it didn’t exist until centuries after when the game is supposed to start.

They are moving away from “important empires” in their choice of civs.
I have zero problems with Malta as they represent not only knights of Saint John on campaign but also Knights Hospitaller who are very important on European history

Of course, also the knights hospitaller appear in the campaign of Saladin and would be both a wink for those who played aoe 2 and for those who played the campaign of Morgan in aoe 3…in addition it matters that we have a defensive civ, which also fits with the historical period since the Order of Malta lasted between 1530 and 1798…

For the Maltese revolutions, Barbary States makes a sliver of sense since they controlled Tripoli for a short period.

I still don’t understand the Hungarian connection.

Romania would be a better option since Moldavia had a Maltese king and was allegedly a puppet state during his rule. The article below says “the Order may have gained a puppet state in Moldavia, which was ruled by the Malta native Iacob Heraclid until 1563.”

3 Likes

Germany should also have a Romanian revolution.

According to the Wiki, Germany gets a Hungarian revolution because “Hungary’s availability to the Germans is a reference to Hungary being part of the Habsburg Monarchy.” Which is equally true for Romania:

But maybe Germany has a Hungarian revolution because the Hungarians revolted against Austria in 1848? Which is equally true for Romania.

Not in 1848, in 1848 the Romanians revolted against the Hungarians because they wanted to incorporate Transylvania into the Kingdom of Hungary, so it was a revolution against the revolution (revoluception if you will).
http://countrystudies.us/romania/11.htm

But in 1784, the revolt of Horea, Closca and Crisan.

It says on the wiki that “The uprising reverberated throughout Western Europe. It shook up the feudal system and is considered by many to have inspired the French Revolution.”

So Romania checks all the boxes as well, why not add the Romanians as a possible German revolution in AoE 3 ?

1 Like

Of course, and it can also for the Ottomans by the principality of Romania (1866-1881)…

2 Likes

Creo que podrían agregar a chile.

Chile parece una revolución muy apropiada para Italia en términos de jugabilidad y siendo sincero chile no tiene muchas opciones para ser utilizado.

Chile tiene bastante inmigrante eslavo por lo que puedo ver en sus registros, mucho serbio, croata, ruso, búlgaro etc xd (esto en el sur, eso si)

2 Likes