It's a joke

I think some people have taken this a bit too personally (wow, lol), exactly why it’s important too take a time out if you’re not enjoying things.

I imagine this thread will be locked by admin from the way it has deteriorated as it has become, as the title suggests, a joke.

I’m not going to read all the posts but I will comment on this

In regards to “I only interjected in the first place because I could tell yellow was only saying those things out of spite, I’ve also seen his other posts, always condencending and holier than thou, and always defending this broken ■■■ game.”

I think you’re reading in to something too much, I have no spite towards the original creator of this thread.

Nor do I always defend this game, in fact I have a lot of critiques about it. The only difference is I support constructive criticism, ideas to make it better, reasons and facts as to where it’s problem lay, and educated posts - as opposed to the childish whining and spam that a small minority of the users post here.

Kind regards, your holier than thou pal, YellowAoe.

Edit: if you have taken anything I’ve said so personally and think its condescending, maybe that’s a sign that something about you needs to change, not me.

This is great and I apologize if this was your intention, I just felt like you were not being receptive to some of the constructive criticism that was in this thread, which I feel like was majority of it.

Sure the post is titled in a certain way, but it’s that way I’m assuming to emphasize this is a rant thread, idk what you expected to read when you clicked on it, to just blatantly shut someone down and tell them to just stop playing and act like you don’t understand why a dedicated fan of the series wouldn’t be inclined to do that.

Also I never thought the spite was directed towards the OP, but it wasn’t called for towards minus, who it was directed towards.

Idk I don’t see the point of shutting down discourses, from your own logic, if you don’t like it don’t participate.

Edit: I apologize, you did, in fact, suggest people take a break.

However I think we’re getting into semantics and out of context, it was never about the refund or the money but more about this:

The only thing I originally said essentially in reply to “so why I have to waste my time in this game?” Was: you don’t HAVE to ‘waste your time’ playing something you don’t enjoy

That is what I said. Quite simple really.

If Minus is going to (break forum rules) attempt to get real world money from me (or make the suggestion thereof)… Well, that’s another thing, that maybe he shouldn’t have brought me into if he wasn’t prepared for the reply he got.

Hey, I don’t know minus, and hold no grudge against him, but many of his posts seem to be the “childish whining” type with no real value, if it was the $60 that is keeping those posts going, I’d be happy to pay it to stop. (That’s what I said). Nothing to do with the user, but rather the poor content.

Why did I say that? Personally I’m shocked that someone is so upset over such a small amount of money that they hang around complaining. When I send money on something I don’t enjoy as much as I expected, I simply move on.

Alternatively, hopefully he may start to post more insightful comments on the forums. I’m not against critique of aoe4 - but I am against the same posts from the same people day in day out that offer no real value.

Edit, in reply to your edit. As mentioned above. It was made to be about the money, when it was suggested that I would personally refund someone.

Again, poor content. If it wasn’t about the money, why ask me to refund someone.

In fact, I do agree with minus that releasing a game before a holiday period was probably a poor marketing choice in several ways.

1 Like

No, don’t even try to make this a fourms rules thing, he was OBVIOUSLY saying this satirically.

Okay fair enough, I haven’t done a deep dive investigation on either of you, and I have seen both of you saying and advocating questionable things in other posts, but again I feel the hostility was uncalled for and came off in a very bad optic.

I make multiple posts, comments and not new threads sure, but I go on and on about how broken bombards are, but this is out of passion and hoping the devs will notice the topic, I feel that saturation is a part of campaigning for a topic.
We can agree to disagree here, but when I see more and more people talking about one thing it helps me be like well maybe this one thing is pretty serious.

I again feel like this was said in satire, albeit not in the best taste, but I don’t feel like he was actually suggesting you literally refund people.

I believe it was said in satire to emphasize basically “if you care to defend it so much, then prove it”

Again it wasn’t in best taste and I don’t neccisarily agree with minus’ response here, however it was clearly not literal.

A poor and cognizant choice, thank you for agreeing on this.

1 Like

Unfortunatly, satire doesn’t always convey over the internet.

Also, I agree with you in regards to saturation of topics that need improvement. But I think there is a right way to go about it, in fact - just looking at the thread below this one (Every match feels the same. This game is boring as hell)

This is very insightful, thought out, constructive feedback. Even if I don’t agree with it

Now compare that to the OP of this post that essentially is “we got nothing yet, beta game is still beta, why do I have to waste my time”.

1 Like

I totally get where you’re coming from, some people just express their opinions in certain ways, I’m sure you noticed I have quite a few replies in the post you linked also.

I clicked on this post expecting complaining and basically trolling about how unfinished the game is, that’s what I -expected- from the title, I wanted to engage in a little constructive debauchery, some of us just like to ■■■■ on something that is greatly annoying us.

I get it may frustrate you that people just talk without providing any insight, but sometimes these conversations provide insight and spawn thoughtful ideas the same way the other post you referenced does.

Basically, humans are weird, and we all think in different way.

I really just kinda took it the wrong way, as someone who has played the age series for decades, and been waiting on this release for over 10 years, to be told to be patient for a released game to be completed.

2 Likes