Its actually pretty sad

The game will release very soon, and still i haven’t seen any gameplay video from fans, and i registered ~months ago to play or atleast try beta, but i think i wont get that chance. Even so if i get it, then i think i will get it the end of beta and i will able to play it for only day-two.

Bigger games, like battlefield and cod, even destiny had open betas that we had chance to try out and see if we want to buy it or not, but not on that game sadly.

My whole story point was that the age of empires should do open beta before the release so we all can test and see if we even want it. I’m very sad right now…

Is obviusly they don’t want you know about game status.
They only want you get the hype and buying fast as you can.

Hi!

Just wanted to clarify something. Beta testing isn’t so that users can try software before you buy it. It’s part of the testing process to ensure that the software works as intended. Open beta is typically to get a lot of users playing a system for load testing servers and connections, or stress testing games that install locally. In closed beta, often the companies will look for users in various locations (to see performance online), with various system types, and of varying skills. Most importantly, they want someone that will actually test out as much of the software as possible. and provide them with feedback. I’ve participated in alpha, closed beta, and open beta testing on many games and can tell you that developers get frustrated by people who just play the game and don’t provide useful feedback about issues they encounter.

I don’t know if this version of AoE will have a “try-before-you-buy” or demo version available, since it’s an update to a title that’s 20 years old.

I also haven’t received an invitation to test and think it’s unlikely I’ll get one this late in the game. But I wish you luck in getting in and hope that you’ll enjoy it. AoE is one of my all time favorite games and I’m looking forward to the DEs and Age of Empires IV.

-g

I bet the team will allow influencers to stream the game a week or two before release.

You do realize that this is the game we played 20 years ago, right? Age of Empires 1 with a fresh coat of paint. If you can still load up the original and enjoy a match every now and then, this would be like the servers getting brought back for multiplayer and installing an HD mod. Don’t hype this up to yourself as an original product with new features and mechanics to explore.

@TautLake3297540 said:
The game will release very soon, and still i haven’t seen any gameplay video from fans, and i registered ~months ago to play or atleast try beta, but i think i wont get that chance. Even so if i get it, then i think i will get it the end of beta and i will able to play it for only day-two.

Bigger games, like battlefield and cod, even destiny had open betas that we had chance to try out and see if we want to buy it or not, but not on that game sadly.

My whole story point was that the age of empires should do open beta before the release so we all can test and see if we even want it. I’m very sad right now…

Open/Closed betas is not for you to decide whether you want the game or not…

Beta’s are used to help the developers by testing functionality, server bandwidth and find major bugs before release.

Close it then, getting to much hate.

Nobody is making hate.

Now and free! Is what everyone seems to want.

What’s wrong with waiting until the release date, seeing game play from others, there may even be a demo if lucky.

There hasn’t been much video from fans, because if you read the NDA, beta participants are not allowed to share videos and other gameplay information!

There is a difference between a closed beta and open beta. Closed beta requires more in depth testing and reporting to the secret beta forum. There will be bugs, it’s not final, and not really suitable as a demo. You would be sad if you used this as a purchase decision.

Open beta is mass testing and usually is for multiplayer server testing. Sometimes they’ll use it to help find single player bugs. This is where a lot of people may use it as a demo, because it’s more polished being close to release date, and all you need is an account and you get in. If there are bugs, you can expect most of them to be fixed by release date.

You can hope for an open beta, or selection at the next round of closed beta invites. Otherwise, I guess you gotta wait and hope like 180,000 others :slight_smile:

If you haven’t played AoE, the closest thing will be installing Rise of Rome and installing the UPatch. The gameplay mechanics will be similar.

Note that Blizzard’s betas are never under NDA for years, they understood the hype generated make people to interest into the game. Making a NDA is now perceived as “we have things to hide, we fear you are disgusted of our game if you see it too early”, that means the game is more in an unfinished alpha state and send a bad message to players. Well, maybe they need some testers for this kind of state, but well, it also generates frustration like this topic.

Some games work having a beta for years, others not so well. This NDA is very strict, so I’m guessing they think showing of bugs is not going to be good for the game. Or, maybe because half the remake is graphics, that releasing pictures will dampen peoples enthusiasm because they’ve already seen graphics. Let’s hope they come out with a great game when it’s released :slight_smile:

Closed beta or beta access just means you are there to improve the product, not their to promote or get access to it.

NDA is very strict, this was the case when I was testing X games (from Egosoft, I actually had to physically sign a document and send it back to Egosoft).

More than likely we will see more material closer to the release date.

There plenty of guys these are mad or salty for no be selected.

Only one month left, it’s not that far away anymore!

lol, you should have tried to use google… Here’s your game play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDe78q1hYqM

To be honest i’m more sad at the fact it is still a Windows 10 exclusive. I was really looking forward to this but it just lost all my interest completely for purely excluding all OS but Windows 10. I guess il just keep playing AoE 2 and 3 until they release a new AoE that isn’t exclusive.

@eQuiinox67 said:
To be honest i’m more sad at the fact it is still a Windows 10 exclusive. I was really looking forward to this but it just lost all my interest completely for purely excluding all OS but Windows 10. I guess il just keep playing AoE 2 and 3 until they release a new AoE that isn’t exclusive.

There are other games. I mean others rts that aren’t exclusive for Windows.

@eQuiinox67 said:
I guess il just keep playing AoE 2 and 3 until they release a new AoE that isn’t exclusive.

I think you are going to be waiting a very, very long time.

@TautLake3297540 said:

Beta is something different it is not just for u to test the game… actually Developers and other staff is checking all the system by beta…

I think you want a free campaign or trial version to test the game… Maybe they can do it for all windows players… 3 hours trial time or 10 games or 5 campaign plays etc…

So sad… One month for release and there is not beta, info or something else… And above all, that a game of this caliber doesn’t have translated the web for german, français, spanish, etc… So poor microsoft.