It's Mexico

Bruh, like a decent amount of people didnt like them adding the USA because it breaks the games concept. Now they ■■■■■■■ add Mexico, are you for real?

11 Likes

With respect, how is this decision good for the game? Never give FE the benefit of the doubt because they are usually wrong.

1. The top most wanted civs among the community has never included Mexico. Mexico isn’t Persia, Siam, Mapuche, Poland, Italians or Morcco.

2. It doesn’t fit the timeline. Not even close. Might as well add the Weimar Republic at this point.

Seriously, Beckman?

18 Likes

I kinda knew it was gonna be some post-colonial civ since the USA was the only one within that theme, I was guessing Brazil or Gran Colombia but Mexico is not THAT surprising.

2 Likes

They probably have chosen Mexico because they wanted to create a new “American” culture, this was a conscious choice.

8 Likes

Like I said, I was expecting Africa or any other, but I guess it’s to make the game sell better.

I do not know if it is a minority or many people who asked for Mexico or any other post colonial civilization, but I think this makes the concept of revolutions lose meaning. I just hope this is the last civilization of its kind.

2 Likes

But even then, no one asked for mexico, it was all about Brazil if I can remember correctly.

I still didnt want Brazil, but I mean atleast they would have listended.

5 Likes

Probably not, I dont think this game has a big Mexican player count and I dont know if a lot of people will buy a dlc with 1 civ.

Its pretty obvious to me the new rev civs they are introducing don’t represent those nations after independence, they represent their colonial past too. So its not only mexico, but new spain too, and europeans will be reworked to be more continental

3 Likes

Wasn’t expecting it, but new content is always nice and for £3.99 I can’t complain. But no new campaign does hurt a bit. :frowning:

7 Likes

Yeah no one were thinking of Mexico, but think of this every civ in AOE3 is part of a culture with shared features. So the devs probably thought that USA as a standalone civ would be a bit out of place, so now we have Mexico and not Italy or Morocco.

3 Likes

I guess they had some “colonial civ” DLC concept and they scrapped into smaller DLCs.

3 Likes

I wonder if it is the decision of Microsoft or FE. Unexpected, not an answer to the community’s desire :thinking:

3 Likes

US, Mex… well… there are other parts which I would like to see more. And more flavour to old European nations would be welcome as well…

9 Likes

Awesome. Didn’t see it coming.

4 Likes

Ya gotta love this forum fights
It’s more content, deal with it.
:v

15 Likes

Lets add Soviet Union! doenst make sense to the timeframe, but its content, so deal with it!

5 Likes

On a more serious note. I’m FINE with the decision of adding Mexico as a primary civ. It’s not the one I would pick at this moment, but I’m glad to see new civs nevertheless. It’s not going to ruin the game or ruin the immersion, Mexico is FINE. Bring it on Brazil and Gran Colombia as well in the future.

My one question to the devs is about the Revolution mechanic. Is there a grand plan to rework it in the future or are both Primary Civs versions of the USA and Mexico going to keep awkwardly existing alongside their Revolutionary versions? It’s the one sort of inconsistency that kind of bothers me.

Also, a lot are really overthinking the cultural and ethnical implications of this news. It’s just a game guys.

26 Likes

Ok Mexico could actually be a good addition, even if controversial or if it would have been far from my preferred choices.

But I just saw the introduction video on you tube and come on… a cavalry units that can use a a lasso?

I mean, like the US, some things are actually well designed, but other are just nonsense…

And like the US is a civ made “over-unique”, so there is even less and less room for new civs.

9 Likes

Personally, i hope all revolution civs make it as full blown civs.

2 Likes

I’m happy. A Latin American representative is something the game hasn’t gotten so far and Mexico is right up my alley. Gran Colombia could have been an option too but that might have been too late.

Hoping for an Oceanian civ and Middle/Central Asian one.

7 Likes