July Pup Notes

Hey @CagierNebula24, The Display Hotkey Commands option is disabled by default. Have you enabled this option in the PUP? (The user save folder is different between PUP and live - so the options don’t carry over between the two builds.)

1. For Euros, Surgeons can be available by default in IV age. “Master Surgeons” card unlocks them earlier.
  2. “Ranching” can be a Livestock Pen tech in the III age.
  3. If “Unique Technologies in Church are available by default” then those techs must be nerfed, so I don’t think it’s a good idea.
3 Likes
  1. Make Master Surgeons be an Age III tech at the Church. It may be unresearchable by default and must be unlocked with the church cards. In this way we can ensure that units with powerful healing abilities still require a card to get, but at least save a slot in the deck by being part of the church cards. For the US, the default healer unit will be changed to the Pastor, and Master Surgeons is researchable in Age II and don’t require a card to unlock as a civ bonus.

2. Make Ranching (and Water Buffalo Ranching) be a tech at the Livestock Pens (and Villages). Personally, I don’t recommend merging it with Stockyards, because many civs don’t have and shouldn’t have Stockyards. Also, for balance, the +300% effect provided by Fulling Mills should be reduced to +150%, and a new card (maybe named “Abattoirs”, “Meat Packing”, “Dairy Farms” or something) should be introduced to provide the another +150% to make up. In this way, civs with the strong livestock strategy like the British will still need the same number of cards for maximum effectiveness, but at least Cows (and Water Buffaloes) no longer need a card for every civ. By the way, let Spanish and Portuguese train Cows instead of Llamas.

3. No. Move the church card to Age I at most.

3 Likes

Nah, I prefer them like that (at least Spain) as sign of their earlier presence. Llamas shouldnt share limit with cows since they give less food. Also they should fatten faster than cows.

2 Likes

Llama farming is the production technique and culture of the native peoples who were conquered and ruled by those Spanish and Portuguese. Those coming to the Americas with the Spanish and Portuguese were cattle and sheep farming techniques.

If there were no Inca factions now, I would agree with the llama as a symbol of Spanish and Portuguese domination of South America. But today we already have the Inca, a faction training Llamas, I personally prefer to have the Spanish and Portuguese have the technique that they brought as Europeans.

But Llama should indeed perhaps be distinguished from cattle and sheep as the third type of livestock.

2 Likes

Me he dado cuenta que quieren hacer que los buques sean mas únicos.
Lo descubrí probando a los italianos en la PUP, luego de eso probé con las demás Civilizaciones

Aun están bug por ser PUP y solo encontré estos cambios entre todos los buques, Francia y Alemania tienen un águila, Rusia tiene un oso, otomanos, británicos y algunos otros un león, Portugal, malta, Italia la estatua de siempre.

31 Likes

Wow, that is an incredibly neat detail. You can see that AoE3 DE is a labour of love for the Devs!

21 Likes

Good idea.

Or let this card, instead of unlocking something, let it do something else - e.g. training farm animals right away in groups.

Or just make them cost in Coins.

2 Likes

SPAIN

Buffs:

• Rods convert in archaic inf.

For obtain conquerors of Reconquista more easily

• Rods buff add a multipliyer against light inf of 1.1 (12 dmg only against them)

• Explorer card age I now also send 3 dogs and up max 5 to 8.

Save logist and help to get conquerors

• Gold spanish to 380c or rework to age II.

• Missionary increases the cost of 50w 50c to 50w 60c, now collect food only from bushes at 50% of a villager and can be trained in forts.

Nerfs:

• Shipment age II 7 rods to 6.

• Marvelous year -5% production vills/soldados and 365sec to 300sec.

• Haciendas shipment cost 200w.

Some ideas are of @PichulaJr, and mhongpa/lionheart

Then is just 10 months…xd

5 Likes

I like the representation of their colonies in the civs and the uniqueness it provides.

I’d like to see a more creative way to represent their cattle ranching:

2 Likes

Completely agree with this.

In fact the Spanish were well-known to introduce Cattle to go feral to many areas they colonized in order to create a large potential food stock (as an aside, Bucca##### would originally be the interloping hunters of these feral cattle before they diversified to pirating).

Cows should be accessible for all Euros (with maybe some further difference to Sheep), with Llamas being available only by card for Spanish/Portuguese.

3 Likes

Missionaries gathering berries doesn’t sound that crazy, it would be a decent and overlooked mechanic in age2 to enhance your eco a little bit. And for rods, ofc they deserve the archaic tag, crazy that they removed the 1,25x multiplier vs Heavy infantry, I was eager to try them, considering most civ have strong musketeers nowadays.

1 Like

No maltese church changes?

4 Likes

The unique bonus for the Germans civ overlaps too much with the bonus for the Swedish civ. I think Germans civ should have the following bonus changes:

Receive free Uhlans with every Home City shipment, has an extra type of Settler — Settler Wagons (this unit could build only Mill, Livestock Pen, Estate and House) — which gathers and fights better (standard Settler would be weakened and turned into a Patrician - new unique unit), ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶e̶n̶a̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶i̶l̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶l̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶ Explorer and Doppelsoldner’s can build Mercenary Camps (build limit: 1, “Mercenary Camps” renamed to “Mercenary Siege” (this card only increases build limit: +3), which provide exclusive population only for Mercenary units. Landsknechts, Jaegers, Hajduk, Crabat, Black Riders, and Pandours are always available in Mercenary Camp. These things would not cause any changes to the Tavern, which Settler Units could still build.

Germans should’t have to send a card to train settler wagons, they should be available at the mill from age 3 by default IMO.

9 Likes

Today, I don’t think it’s necessary and appropriate for Europeans to rework the livestock mechanic.
As long as the cows do not need a card, most people can be satisfied.

But I would love a bullfighter or female bullfighter skin for the Spanish Explorer.

Looks good.
Since the Spanish can spawn the cows at the Haciendas, the Viceroyalty of New Spain card should also make the Ranching tech free for them.

By the way, I really don’t like the design of the Soldado upgrade in the Haciendas. This makes the building feel very military. Wouldn’t it be possible to change the approach?

• Make the Haciendas spawn consulate Soldados. In exchange, make the Viceroyalty of New Spain card itself have a cost, or make Haciendas cannot spawn Settlers.
    • Maybe also ships some consulate Soldados or half-fattened Cows if the card costs enough or making Haciendas cannot spawn Settlers is an enough punishment.
    • The limit of consulate Soldados should be up to about 12, and maybe the spawning time should be longer.
  • Or, make the Haciendas just normal, no longer able to spawn Soldados, but consulate Soldados can be trained at Forts.
    • If make the card has a cost, also ships some consulate Soldados or half-fattened Cows.

Whichever, allows the Explorer to rebuild the lost Hacienda, or allows to train Hacienda Wagons at TCs to rebuild.

1 Like

Good suggestions.

What has always struck me about the unique German focus on Mercs was that it was kind of the wrong portrayal - they were selling the services of German Mercs to other countries, rather having an influx of Mercs themselves (think Landschnect - that was a service for sale to other nations mainly). As you’ve mentioned Swedish now overlap the Merc niche and so they should - they were known to use foreign soldiers quite a bit in their armies. With this on mind, Germans quirk should be benefits they receive from Merc, by way tiny resource trickles for Mercs shipped in/hired in taverns or even just when other players hire them (Germans again selling Mercenary services instead of strangely hiring all their own). I’m sure there’s a middle ground to having the Germans as ‘proprieters’ of Mercenaries rather than buyers.

2 Likes

Probably too good, I think the card german town should give 1 mill, even with a cost of 200w

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too good when Malta gets a commandery and can train them right away and USA gets a mill wagon and can train them from age 2 now, sure they need a card, but even if Germany could train them from age 3 by default it’s their civ bonus and if training them from a separate building is such a big problem, they can always move them to the TC so you don’t get a boom advantage from that, that’s not even considering the cost of standard mills at 400 wood which is almost as much as a TC, you’d need a card and wood shipments to make it a worth while boom anyway.

4 Likes