Just hope the third DLC is outside of Europe and I really mean outside of Europe (not Caucasian)

It is a pity that the creators resigned from prosucing DLCs containing 4 civs - then you could immediately take into account all the missing civs from a given region.

Apart from Georgians and Armenians, I would like to see Khazars - 3 civs in the Caucasus DLC + Caucasian set, please dear creators :pleading_face:

5 Likes

I would love to see that if they stopped limiting themselves to 2 civs DLCs, especially with a Queen Tamar campaign and maybe a King Levon campaign for the Armenians (I don’t know what campaign could fit for the Armenians the most but they can still have something without ending up like Lithuanians pre-DoTD).

4 Likes

Queen Tamar could be another strong and valuable woman as a campaign character; just like King Jadwiga :wink:

7 Likes

Although I would prefer a King David the Builder campaign , Queen Tammar was a sublime monarch as well and I’d love a campaign set around her rule.

3 Likes

I’m curious about people advocating for Estonians and Finns to be added… is there anything you know about their existence in the medieval era that makes you want this, or do you just think that AoE2 should be made up of 20th/21st century countries?

3 Likes

As @Redstar819 said I’d like to see good arguments for those civs too. And please have the same standards everywhere. Else I can’t take you seriously. And why are we talking about Euro and Caucasian civs again. Stop derailing this thread.

1 Like

Interesting you are ok with Lithuanians representing Polės

You do the same in any thread talking about Europe, why be so hypocritical?

5 Likes

If you think I’m derailing your thread, feel free to report the relevant comment. I try to avoid it. I’m not going into your thread to intentionally derail your thread.

1 Like

So like you when you tried to shove your North American and Indian tribes into every thread discussing the addition and design of Poles and Bohemians before the DLC was announced?

5 Likes

I’m not doing this anymore. No reason to copy my bad behaviour which I regret if you don’t like it. That’s the Christian way to do it, if I’m right, am I not?

2 Likes

I’m not religious but fair enough. Let’s move on.

Yes, you are forgiven

1 Like

Then please don’t treat the civs I want to see like some kind of subhumans. I know everybody has its biases and everybody has some prejudices to some extent but that doesn’t mean that you should denigrate the civs you don’t want as civ. This count as much for me than it does for you. No, Aztecs are not “primitives”. Yes, Serbian have a history as an empire too. See, isn’t this much better?

We just have to hope that they don’t suddenly stop releasing DLCs and that we’ll see new architecture sets. I can’t stand seeing dozens of times the same thing. And yes, that also means that I would like to see unique castles for every civ, not only the newly introduced ones.

That’s a mutual thing you know. If we’d be all civil and polite, we’d be like a happy family here. Wouldn’t that be nice :slight_smile:

Well the country could have been made after ww2 but the people are ancient.

Ok so tell me more, what did they look like in the middle ages? What features make them worthy of a spot in AoE2?

1 Like

Estonians and FInns would be like a meso eruo civi with gimmicky stuff like the new dlc civis.maybe they can have monks from the feudal age like how cumans have siege.
Historical battles Estonians can have wiping out the Livonian brothers and Finns can have the defending from second swedish crusade.
These people did hold a lot of land in the early periods.

2 Likes

Interesting enough. The thing is I’d say this puts them in a situation similar to at least 30 or 40 other civs that aren’t in the game right now. I just don’t see what’s the distinguinshing feature that puts them in the “top 50” list of medieval civs that should definitely be added to this game.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem with those two civs in particular, and wouldn’t mind having campaigns fighting off the northern crusades with them. But I’m conscious that there’s a finite number of civs to be added to this game, and that number is probably only a handful. So those remaining civs should be chosen carefully. Maybe if we had 80 or 100 civs, the Finns and/or Estonians could claim a spot there, but if we’re limited to 40 or 50, I just don’t see why they should make the cut.

2 Likes

40 civis from europe or the whole world?

Whole world. That’s just my own rough estimate though.

3 Likes

Interesting how this thread ended up being a strong case for the Georgians! A DLC with Georgia and Armenia would be awesome!

2 Likes