Key holding and shift-A don't work

Hotkey layout:

Fully remappable (default setting)

Bug description:

1. Units can not be produced multiple times when holding the key. For example, select the town center and holding the “q” key to produce villagers. But it doesn’t work.

2. Can not give units shift+A command. For example, select a scout, move it by right click and hold shift and press A to let it attack afterwards. It doesn’t give attack command.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Settings → VIEW AND REMAP CONTROLS
  2. choose “Set Hotkey Layout” as “Fully Remappable”
  3. choose “Set Profile” as “default”
  4. open a skirmish game against AI
  5. select the town center and holding the “q” key to produce villagers
  6. select a scout, move it by right click and hold shift and press A to let it attack afterwards.

the solution

Yes, this is shift+letter get you 5 villagers. What I want is to hold “q” and produce as many villagers as possible like every other single RTS.

since if you can use shift + A, at least have the delicacy to modify your post

What you suggested is about using shift+letter to produce units.

My second problem is about units cannot deal with shift-attack (a.k.a shift-A) command. It still doesn’t work when you choose fully remappable even with default key mapping.

I use shift + a and if it works fully reassignable, I record a video or what?

Chill man. can you reproduce the bug or not? If you cannot, just say you can’t reproduce.

you right, it’s bugged.

Same goes to market if you want to sell 100k food, before you could press “sell” and wait, now it’s not working.
Before it was possible to queue/sell/buy by pressing button or icon and waiting.

PS shift+q is different issue/mechanic.

Thank you for reporting @YzEdwin! The team is on it!

There is also work being done on how SHIFT behaves.

2 Likes