Known Issue: Performance Issues with Low FPS

Without UHD pack the game run smooth but with it stutters and i think it is because its really unoptimized and it sometime consume all my 16gb ram.

Specs
r5 3600 4.2ghz
16gb 3200mhz
gtx 1080
Aoe

I’m experiencing a lot of frame drops and stutters with the UHD enabled. Also the VSync doesn’t seem to work as expected…

My specs:
Intel i5-7600K 3.8 GHz
RAM 16 GB DDR4 3000
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Game installed on SSD drive
Monitor @1920x1080

I adjusted the graphics to a level appropriate for my machine and the game runs smoothly until all the computer players enter castle age at the same time. It completely freezes for about 2 minutes and slowly comes back to life getting less stutter but still unplayable for about 5 minutes.

It seems like the computer AI works the CPU to the breaking point. I’m playing on moderate difficulty with 8 players on giant maps.

Just upgraded from AMD 6850 to RX 580 and went from roughly 830 to 860 in the in-game benchmark test.

CPU is i7-3770k
8gb RAM

Not the best CPU in today’s market, as well, not that much RAM, however I thought I would at least score over 1000 on this remastered 1999 game.

Game is incredibly slow to boot. 5+ mins and loading in general is a nightmare.

Looking to upgrade in the near future, though feel I really shouldn’t given that I can play modern games just fine.

performance got worse after November 20 update. It was fine before, i hope u aware of it? What did you do? Frame times are very bad, same as at release.

My problem doesn’t exactly fit the subject of the threead but since it gets 0 attention I will put it here [Fixed]Game suddendly not working anymore

Game Version:

• The release version
  • Platform Steam

Issue:

The game itself runs fine but all the loading screens and startups are lagging.
Max FPS was about 130

My hardware is:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti + 4GB GDDR5
1TB HDD
DirectX 12

Reproduction Steps:

1. I’m not sure

I noticed much better performance compared to the beta. Also I really like, that computer heats much less, which helps keep my laptop fan silent :slight_smile: Much appreciated.

Loading times are much longer now though. If longer loading times are needed for having better performance in game, then it is a worthy trade-off IMO.

1 Like

Agreed, but this hardware should get min 200FPS.
And loading laggs, the animation isn’t smooth

My rig features an i9-9900k processor along with a 2080 TI graphics card. I’m super high end and my frame rate is still suffering very badly even on campaign maps.

1 Like

Try following this guide

Also, are you running the game with the UHD Pack? Maybe try using custom graphical settings and changing some stuff to see if one of the options is tanking your FPS, like Bloom, Anti Aliasing and etc.

When I used the UHD ( on a 1080p Full HD monitor mind you) FPS was at max 30. This is terrible performance for a game that has System requirements more than met by my System.

I tried it, the game start animations ran smoothly but the max FPS was around 40.

I used the benchmark test before posting, after UHD and after your solution:

before: 1045.5
UHD: 1000
now: 1037.8

Considering the min should be 1000, this is terrible performance

I have now 100+ FPS compared to the 40-50 from the last Beta build. I have not tried the UHD graphics though yet. Will wait until that improves too before using

Without UHD it gets 100+ for me as well sometimes, but the loading takes forever

Have not noticed increased loading times. I have an SSD but still loads within seconds. That’s campaigns and single player, have not tried mp yet.

Same, It’s a HDD for me but it shouldn’t take that much time

Update after the small maitanance today. Better then yesterday but still bad optimization. Testing with 4vs4 AIs , Fortress , Infinite resources, Max Pop 500, Game speed: Fast, Starting Age: Imperial, Turbo Mode and 10 min treaty. Also the game crashed every time few minutes after the treaty ended.

I have a iMac Retina 5k 2015 27" model running on windows 10 via bootcamp
4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

Mine is also jittery on the home screen and loading screen and occasionally crashes trying to do the ranked benchmark test ( crash on loading screen )

Oh, now I got 986 on benchmark test without UHD
I was getting 7 FPS on UHD.

The performance is disappointing. Did they improve the performance or decreased it? Cause with UHD it used to be 1037 on benchmark.