Known Issue: Translation & Localization (French Language - Langue Française)

Game Version:

• Build (34793.0 4597979)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Button “Leave map” is not translated.

Reproduction Steps:

Finish a party

1 Like

Game Version:

Build (34793.0 4597979)
Platform (Steam)

Also missing the translation of “Check for Update” in the panel of installed mods

Manque aussi la traduction de “Check for Update” dans le panel des mods installés

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (35209.0 4667120)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Count down of time is left in English

Reproduction Steps:

Playing “Tamerlane” campaign mission 4 “Sultan of Hindustan”

1 Like

Game Version:

• Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Reset warning is not translated

Reproduction Steps:

Reset graphics option

Game Version:

• Platform (Steam)

Issue:

First sentence is not translated.

Reproduction Steps:

Launch 2 mission of campaign “Le Loi”

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [French Translation] “Fly Over” Info is not Translated

It’s nice to see the audio was fixed in Dracula 3. Also, I’ve noticed there is an unit called "Arbalétrier lourd " (heavy arbalester) in the scenario editor, which isn’t used in any mission, while in random maps the Arbalester is still called “Fantassin à arc lourd” (Heavy bowman?). The names should be swapped, and the crossbowman (fantassin à arc, ie.bowman) should be renamed “arbalétrier”, as requested many times by French-speaking players.

What is NOT nice however is that the tech tree hasn’t been updated, and the new bonuses are mentioned nowhere. This is very strange as the Khmer farm bonus has been updated accordingly as soon as the update came out (also, friendly reminder that the Saracen archer bonus’ description still makes no sense)

Game Version:

• Build (35584.0 4714640)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Countdown is not translated.

Reproduction Steps:

Play mission 4 of campaign “Attila the hun”

1 Like

Huge thanks for listing out all of these issues, everyone; I’ve written all of them up for investigation by our QA team!

As a note, I’m going to close out this thread now that we have everything written-up, but PLEASE do not let that stop you from submitting translation issues here in the bug category! Be sure to include the following information if you continue to see issues in the game that were not listed here:

• The build number
  • The place where the issue can be found in-game
  • The text line (or “string”) in question
  • The English string (if possible)
  • The suggested change

I will continue to escalate this information to the team for review, and appreciate all of you help noting these issues! :heart:

Happy hunting!

1 Like