Known Issue: Trouble Signing In to Multiplayer Servers

Same here. Three players in our house…mulitiplayer game with just us and AI disconnects about ten minutes in. The host is always the first one to disconnect, then the others follow.

All machines Win 10 1909, latest NVidia drivers, 300 mpbs+ internet.

Game runs fine on all machines in single player mode.

Same. Multiplayer is going fine, no lag, then the host drops first followed by others. Just playing with three local friends and AI. 300 mbps+ internet connection. Any ideas would be great!

Update: Same thing happens on LAN games so I think we can rule out a server problem. Again…games work fine in single player, for hours.

is there any news about this topic?
payed money for this and just wanna play
its been a few weeks now…

1 Like

Same exact problem over here…

still out here waiting just to play the game i payed for

Enable CrossPlay in the Game Options.

Ranked Game search and session is working well. No Problem at all. But nothing shows up in the lobby. Did I miss something?

My Antivirus is Windows Defender.
I play the game via Windows Store.
But: In the info box at the right it does show all the servers. “UKwest”, “westeurope” etc.

“Signing into Multiplayer Services”, allows me to cancel but not retry. It disconnected me in the middle of a ranked game without me having any internet issues or any other contributing factors that I know of, then it just gave me the same screen when I tried to access multiplayer services.

i didnt have this issue , until few days ago .

what’s up with these bugs !! please fix it

Edit : i think it was due to server maintenance

55m

Server maintenance for AoE:DE and AoEII:DE is starting now. Multiplayer will be down at this time, but should be complete in about 2 hours. Thank you for your patience during this! We will update as soon as servers are live again.

server update announced on twitter

xoxo

1 Like

I am having multiplayer connection issues. I will just randomly disconnect at like 20 to 30 minutes into the game, it will just say that I have lost connection. This does not happen to me in any other multiplayer game. I play League of Legends, Apex Legends, and other online games and I never get disconnected like this and I have a wired ethernet connection. This effectively destroys my ability to play with my friends, which is the biggest draw of this game for me. PLEASE FIX IT!! Or at least make it so that I can reconnect to the game.

2 Likes

When will there be a fix? Also I seem to be unable to install the latest update. My version is 33059 but the newest update should be 33164. “Microsoft Store” --> “Updates” just takes me to the store site of aoe II definitive edition.

Edit: Solved! Guess this was a typical user based issue. I think I hit the wrong button, that’s why it didn’t update.

Continuing the discussion from Known Issue: Trouble Signing In to Multiplayer Servers:

I am a Chinese player. After I reinstall the Windows7 system, the game has not been able to join the online hall.

I need a solution

First time posting. I posted because I have been looking/hoping for a fix ever since I bought the game. I figure 99% of people this happens to don’t post, so I figured I would post so Microsoft can see this is indeed a big issue.

“Disconnected from network” every single multiplayer match I have attempted.

I bought the game around a week ago, and have not been able to play a single successful multiplayer match. Disconnects from server every time.

It’s the only reason I bought the game. To play with friends…

Any updates from Devs? Or are we all just screwed. This is a big issue affecting a whole lot of people. The radio silence from Dev’s on this, does not make me feel good on buying this. It’s broken.

When or if it does ever get fixed, the game won’t be fresh anymore with my friends… So time is important for this fix. I regret buying this game.

Thanks

6 Likes

Comprei o jogo dês da pré-venda e não pude jogar uma única partida multijogador de sucesso. Sempre desconecta do servidor.

como faço para resolver este problema?

There is a lot of information about this issue on this thread: Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

Sadly, they dont seem to care at all…

1 Like

Two weeks have passed.
can’t play multiplayer so long time.

1 Like

I have this problem since yesterday, if they don’t solve it I will ask for refund…

1 Like

Same here~~ it really sucks…seems they don’t want to solve this all problem…
can’t play multiplayer game…

1 Like

I hope they’ll fix this soon

My Solution is, to use a VPN - this works just perfect for me