Known Issue: Trouble Signing In to Multiplayer Servers

Same things for me. Disconected from every game at around 5 min …

I bought this game for the multiplayer.
I just lose 20€

My connection works with all other game for sure.

I’ve been having this issue since the launch of the game.
I can complete some games at a time. but I will at least lose connection to servers mid games 1 time every play session.

Playing using a cable just in case.
Windows 10 1903
Bitdifender AV turned off before starting the game.

hope for a fix before the holiday (19 Dec) otherwise ill always risk losing connection to servers mid game and make my and others life so hard.

Get windows 10?

How could this be a solution? doesnt make any sense, is your ISP blocking access to game servers?

whitch VPN you used? i need help…

i can’t finish
not one
and I don’t have an answer about that

I’m deeply annoyed by this game

1 Like

It works for me. I don’t know how or why - but. it. works.
You can play online like this without getting connection errors
Again: I. don’t. know. how. or. why…

I dont know if its the same issue, but I can enter Ranked multiplayer games, however ca. 5 minutes after game start i get disconnected

I was able to play 6 games on multiplayer, but for that I dropped 10 times from 3 to 15 minutes into the game. It is really frustrating. The only way I was able to play was conectintig to a VNP which made me conect to the server in europe, this made me think the problem is with the south america server( where I live). I really think this issue is ruining my playing experience. Please fix this as soon as posible.

I cannot find another forum with my exact problem, but this seems to be closest. Please help as I want to play wiff mai frens.

Here is the message I get when creating a game:

Here is the message I get when joining:

(new users cannot post 2 images)

I am not able to join or create any game. Things I’ve tried:

• Turned off Windows firewall
  • Turned off Windows AV
  • Enabling Fiddler to inspect any traffic, but couldn’t intercept any.
  • Turning off other services.
  • looked for log files, but found none (installed through steam).

I’m not running other AV.

Same Problem Here: after Reinstalling Win 7 i can’t join any Multpliayer game.

Same problem of you, after reinstalling win 7, multiservices bug do you have find a solution ?

Hello,

I might have found a fix for the multiplayer login problem encountered on Windows 7.

After looking at the packets in wireshark right after trying to sign in the multiplayer services, it seemed (at least on my computer) that there was a problem in the secured communication using TLS 1.2, an error occured right after the start of the communication.

So I looked around on the internet and found out that TLS 1.2 is NOT available as default on Windows 7. I followed these steps : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi .

More precisely I did two things :

1. I downloaded and executed their Easy Fix.

2. I edited the registry manually as descripted at the far end of the webpage for TLS 1.2 (path of the key edited : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client, follow their instructions for precise steps).

I just tried a 1vs1 ranked match online, and apart from losing (lol) everything went fine.
Before that I couldn’t even sign in the multiplayer services.

I hope it will help a few.

Cheers.

PS : this message is a copy paste from the post I made on steam : https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/0/2803982773084850620

2 Likes

My issue is on Windows 10… looking to see if there is a similar solution posted somewhere (registry doesn’t match).

EDIT; I tried creating the keys as a video described, it did nothing.

SECOND EDIT: I can see a lot of TLS 1.2 traffic as described in the answer, and a number of RST in the stack:

any fix so far, i`ve got the same issue on w10?

Hello,

unfortunately (somehow), the AoE2 Definitive Edition I encountered on Windows 10 worked flawlessly out of the box. But you might be onto something with these bad TLS 1.2 packets, clearly this is where the problem is.

I cannot help you with Windows 10 as said above, but you might want to look in this webpage : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/core/plan-design/security/enable-tls-1-2-server#bkmk_protocol and also this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q9qJzteBn8 and try to check if TLS 1.2 is working.

After a quick browsing on the internet, TLS 1.2 might not be working/set by default on every Windows 10.

Thanks for the links. Yeah, that is what I tried :confused: Let me double check for typos I suppose?

EDIT; Just verified settings. I also verified that tls 1.2 is now working, but it still wont connect.

Ok. So the red packets that you are seeing is probably the server closing the connection (or your router) on purpose. The question is why?

If you are behind a router, can you confirm that some other application using the same ports is working correctly (to check if your router is closing the connections on this port). I cannot see, based on your screenshot, if the packets I see have a problem because of your router or the AoE2 servers.

What I’m saying is after I made the registry changes, the red packets disappeared. Despite this, I cannot connect.

Are there log files when installed through steam?

Issue remains after today’s patch.

This will be where I post responses since I’m not allowed to post more than three replys.

Just tried it on my mobile hotspot (through cellular data). Same error.