Known Issue: Trouble Signing In to Multiplayer Servers

I can no longer play any sort of multiplayer on AOE2:DE. When trying to connect to a lobby it just says its connecting for an indefinite amount of time. I also have the same issue when i try to create a lobby, where it just loads indefinitely. I have tried reinstalling, as well as verifying file integrity, through steam to no avail. I have no other issue with the game other then connecting to multiplayer just seems to go one forever recently.

Yes me too not able to multi player since a week.nothing shows up in the lobby

It worked fine for 2 weeks for me now. no need for a VPN or anything. yesterday evening the same issue started and exists ever since. when i try to go to multiplayer immediately after the launch of the game it works all the times. whenever i start a match i disconnect within 5 minutes, after that Iā€™ll have the message of unable to enter multiplayer.

i was able to create a lobby for multiplayer (even if the server was set to lan) provided that the lobby had no name, but then was unable to set any sort of AI or open/close slots. i still cannot connect to any of my friends lobbies.

What kind of a joke is this thread anyways? ā€œknown issueā€ without any update for half a year now. No support at all, no official help or chance to file a crash report or anything.

Experienced some connection issues, requiring me to restart the game before each game. Last time I played, was a 2x2 against the machine with my friend. I was Malay and my Castle Age percentage counter got to 150% (o.O). After that it got totally out of sync like my commands taking more than 30 seconds to respond. Finally I resigned.

I too am having this issue. Just got a desktop PC set up with Windows 7 that runs the game fine but cannot connect to the multiplayer services. I have a laptop that does not have sufficient memory or graphic capability to run the game that can connect. I have tried multiple solutions to no avail.

I have the same issueā€¦ the lobby list takes ages to show up, when it shows most rooms doesnā€™t have name and when i try to join it says time outā€¦ when i can join, donā€™t see any names of the players not even the settings of the mapā€¦

Does it happen to you too?

I keep having the same issueā€¦ minute 13rd ā€¦ always the same minuteā€¦ i dont know what to doā€¦

Hi guys,

I keep getting disconnected form multiplayer games. I have tried to follow advices of the recommended thread, but could not make it work. It now happens every game.

always shows this message:

link to last game and dxdiag file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Rv24VG3XWww2GfzwjvzdDF6j-W25c7M?usp=sharing
Steam profile: 76561198065039501

My connection is stable, have been playing HD for months without any issues. Do you have any advice?

same here
i bought the game 2 days ago and havenā€™t been able to play a single game.

it keeps kiking me out of games in the first 5sec
i try reintall aoe, the firewall stuff, changing mi internet modem, it keeps happening

I canā€™t connect to multiplayer services, and my internet is all fine. Itā€™s always say failed to connect to multiplayer services please try again

2 Likes

I have a same problem. I donā€™t know what is that Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer. When I play the standard game, the game froze and crash. And finally thatā€™s eject me to desktop. Where is the problem?

Iā€™m Polish player and I donā€™t know this is Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer. This questioning me to allow or not allow to make some changes on my computer. Also, I couldnā€™t connect to multiplayer services. I could play around 10 minutes and the crash, and this crash ejects me to desktop. I have some problems with:
Net (Xbox Helper):
Type of NAT: Closed
Server connectivity: Blocked
The multiplayer mode Xbox Live:
Converter type NAT: Teredo couldnā€™t be qualified.
Server connectivity: Blocked

Same here.
Didnā€™t have this problem before the May update.

@BondedBench728 @mewfor3593 - did you find any solutions? I have been dealing with this since the May update as well.

@SpacyPainter872 - did you find any solutions? I am dealing with the same issues since the May update.

No, I didnā€™t find any solutions. I uninstalled the game and I lost a money from buying this game. I donā€™t know what happens now, but I donā€™t want to install again and return to AOE2:DE.