Known Issue: Trouble Signing In to Multiplayer Servers

Can’t log in multiplayer services today…
And btw, from China, I need to use Leigod to play without delay…

I had the same exact problem, FIX: Disable CrossPlay in the Options menú! It worked for me!. Good Luck!

Can not sign into Multiplayer services. I bought the game today from Steam. Location: Turkey, Platform: Windows 10.

I have purchased the game from Xbox today, and I have the same problem with this version also. It is not related with Steam edition.

2 Likes

After I disable CrossPlay and I pressed confirm button. The settings does not change, so I can not disable CrossPlay actually. That did not help at all. Thanks.
There is another post in the forum about this issue sorry-failed-to-connect-multiplayer-services-pleas-try-again-later

1 Like

I can’t disable Crossplay too.

When I open the game and immediately click on multiplayer it almost works every time. I get great Pings to all servers and see the games. Then within minutes the Ping for all of them turns bad, I get kicked out of games or won’t be able to go to the game lobby in the first place.
When I retry to go to multiplayer I either get the cannot connect window or an empty lobby with no games in it.

1 Like

And I also can’t disable crossplay.

Didn’t do it for my crashes or log in issues :confused:

merhabalar, aynı sorun ile bende karşı karşıyayım oyunu aldıktan sonra 2 hafta sorunsuzca oynadım sonrasında bidaha giriş yapamadım tek çözüm yolu vpn yüklemek ancak vpnlerin hepsi ücretli ve güvenilir değil herhangibir çözüm bulursanız paylaşın lütfen

I bought AOE2DE a few days ago with a couple of friends to play together but we only managed to play one match ever since.

Our ping is always green with brazilsouth server (we live in Brazil) but somehow we get massive lag spikes and disconnects, even not having problems creating a new lobby or joining one. Seems like the units staggers and lags out on following a command.

I ran the benchmark test and it was ok. I also tried to open my router ports for Steam servers or tried every other suggestion on FAQ regarding antivirus, firewall, windows 10 on gamemode, but nothing seems to fix it.

I randomly lose connection to Multiplayer Services. It occurs when I watch replays, play Standard Game, Ranked Multiplayer Games (where I get the 5-minute disconnect issue). I am able to Reconnect successfully, but the intermittent dropping from the server results in lost Challenge Rewards and Ranked Games/ELO. Ruins the experience IMHO.

Pertinent information from my last post is here: [TRACKING] 36202: Disconnect within 5 Minutes of joining a Match

Hi everyone, same problem here too (Multiplayer Services won’t connect - I just keep getting the ‘Retry’ option over and over (PC). It keeps prompting me to sign in, I do, it signs me in and comes up with the ‘Let’s play’ button alongside my avatar and then it immediately fails to connect and signs me out again.

It was working yesterday just fine. I have updated every driver possible on my PC, done a full reinstallation of the game, verified all game files, checked permissions in Xbox settings, checked my firewall settings and run the game as administrator. Nothing is working, it’s infuriating.

My husband is on my laptop next to me with the game running perfectly fine from his account. We are both using Windows 7. It’s even more annoying because it worked just fine yesterday, I have no idea what’s changed; you’d think if it was an ISP or server based issue it wouldn’t work for him either.

Any advice appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

Play regularly with friends, tonight I can’t connect. Not sure whats up (I work in enterprise networking so going to have a poke but rather tired for this bollox).

1 Like

Same here. Played a couple of hours ago with four friends, three of us cant log in to multiplayer, create lobbies, or spectate.

Which VPN are you using mate?

i have new problem cant see lobby games…always say searching and that he didn’t find a match

1 Like

Same here. Wont show any lobby games since 22th server maintenance.

started to play ranked :slight_smile: but other players have dc
with all this issues what taking so long to fix it!?

I have tried all the random things said on this forum but the devs havent been able to fix it since this was first reported in November.

Is there a possibility to request a refund? The game is unplayable.

I found a solution for it.