KotD4 Finals Discussion

Vinch gave Viper take a huge breath in 2nd Indians vs Burgundians match and he threw 3rd Berbers vs Huns match. In 4th match, Vinch has good position even though he has Incas. Lithuanians has no answer against Kamayuk, I want to see Kamayuk domination. Now Vinch pay for his over aggressive castle.

If only Vinch knew that monks can stall construction forever this castle would ahve went upā€¦

1 Like

hand cannons say hi?

I really thought Vinchā€™s two castles would put the game in the bag for him, but now the situation flipped HARD

1 Like

games not over yet. viper better not count those chickens too soon. looks like its time to swap to the cavalry.

you know after watching these finals i donā€™t understand the people who want to nerf cavalry too much. weā€™ve literally seen two games just in this finals where a cav civ has been forced into ranged units because cavalry was a non viable play.

Yes, it is answer but with Lith you want to Knight&Leitis and Halberdier&Skirmisher not HC. Kamayuk take strongest option of Lithuanians. Therefore, Viper forced to go HC due to Kamayuks.

you can easily go knight + hc in imperial. itā€™s not like you need a lot of hc either. 15 or so is fine.

I will never get tired of Viper researching herbal medicine 11

2 Likes

Now, Vinch is going to arbalest to HC.

Vinch lost so many castles so Kamayuk play is out

1 Like

hed be hard pressed to get out enough arbs to fight this many hand cannons with his eco going the way it is.

I thought he will go arbalest when I see thumb ring, he didnā€™t go. He lost the game due to this wrong strategy.

and gg. onto game 5. Vinchester has had an impressive run but it would be hard pressed to win this series from this point. doable but tough.

he didnā€™t have bloody time to get into arbs.

He should go Kamayuk & Arbalest combo from before, going Eagle Warrior was wrong strategy considering Viper went HC. Vinch played pretty bad in last 3 matchs.

I donā€™t understand why Vinch tried to go forward with his castles. I didnā€™t need to and he risked his win condition with kamayuks with this playā€¦
Well thatā€™s Vinch ofc, he is that kind of creative player, sometimes genius, sometimes throwing away gamesā€¦
I hope we will see more ā€œgeniusā€ plays of vinch in the continuation of these finals.

I can see why it seemed like a good idea. Having 2 treb factories right in front of your opponentā€™s base can be really good, and I think if Viper didnā€™t have a civ with BBC he was toast.

1 Like

I think Vinch didnā€™t thought about HC actually. He couldnā€™t engage the bbc because of vipers HC.
Acutally probably one of the first pro games that were decided by HCā€¦

Thatā€™s likely, as even the casters thought Lith would lose to kamayuks 11

1 Like

Vinch saw HCs for 20 minutes but he didnā€™t go god 'damn arbalest, he went Eagle Warrior against HC, he simply played like noob. Kamayuk counter Cavalry and trash units which are Lithuanianā€™s best option. He also went halberdier in vain which cost 600 gold. Instead of this, he should go 20 arbalest and win the game.