[krakenmeister] civilization builder; own category

Hey if you can hook me up with a gig like this im all in :stuck_out_tongue:

Money isn’t real
If it is what you need to motivate you, then I am very sorry

Its very real to me, it motivates me and feeds my family. which means a lot more than arguing with people on a gaming forum.

Do you want some money?
Ill pay you to make a map

1 Like

tenor2

The entire Mod Manager is littered with custom civs where most of them don’t even have proper descriptions. We badly need an update on the Mod Manager as well with more categories and other quality of life features like easy reordering of priority, etc.

4 Likes

A category that one can filter out would really be helpful. It feels like 98% of new mods are custom civs or civ uis and it’s almost impossible to browse and find new interesting mods that people might’ve made (that aren’t civ builder mods).

1 Like

I don’t like the modding interface either. The sole reason we got this instead of the Steam workshop is because of the Microsoft Store owners. You can’t even browse by new ones, hot ones (right now popular) and overall popular.

They don’t want to support modding because they want to keep selling DLCs.

You can browse by new, by sorting by publication date

Overall popular is also pretty easy, by jst sorting by the DL or Like tabs.
@Szaladon

1 Like

Yeah, but I have to go outside of the game for that on a completely different website. Wouldn’t it be either if it was done this game within the game?

that would be nice, i agree, but it’s probably not a priority. I’d say this works sort of like the steam mod workshop, except that you have to dig through all the civ builder mods. I guess for that problem, having ‘populat last x days’ as an option would be quite useful.

funny. I meant to necro this thread yesterday, but saw it didn’t have a lot of traction generally, so I left it be.
so here we are 1 month and 9 days later and we are at 4155 more. this used to be the normal number before the kraken tool happened.

@daehiise dude, what are you on about. this is pure spam. any dk and their mother can make a mod with that spam tool. I’m not saying it’s not great, but host your own website for these mods. no one cares about super custom “mods” with no description whatsoever.
we all know how sorting and columns work. go sort by new :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was going to make a thread about being able to filter them out, that’s how i came here :wink:
But i don’t think they’re a bad thing per se, just the amount is a bit off-putting as it clogs up the mod center, it would’ve been more practical if people had them as their own local mods.

I kinda feel the same way too.

They need also redo the complete mod page, you need be able to continue at a page after you finished. Yesterday i was looking 100 pages, but than i closed the browser, wanted continue later, but didn’t find a way to continue at page 101, i had to click through all the pages again until i arrived at page 101

1 Like

so. quick question. what happens now to all these 1000+ spam mods that got created before the DLC drop. are they now all extinct? can we expect another 1000+ mods?

travesty

well 9300 to be precise. but who’s counting. it’s not like this isn’t spam
(before the kraken spam the nr was 4000).
when u consider you can’t even jump pages or filter out these mods, that’s a problem.
And they only serve a purpose the creator. cause no one is probably interested in a other man’s spam mod when he can create his own spam mods.
very community oriented I must say

The Mod manager is messed up with all these custom civs. Please have their own categories, hard to browse through User Interface mods.

1 Like

Look guys, a few posts here and there isn’t going to do it. PM whoever anyone knows that has any kind of authority here and MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND how much potential these things have and it’s causing a rift between the old school moders and the casual ppl and it’s NOT ■■■■■■■ GOOD FOR BUSINESS NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT

1 Like

seems like the community doesn’t care if they have a trash can as modding section. shame.
maybe it’s in the wrong section. maybe this belongs into aoe2 > bugs

I asked nili in his chat, since he’s somewhat of a community manager/figure now bc of his microsoft position, but he had no idea what I was talking about.
he doesn’t even know what krakenmeister is lol