Landmark Hotkeys

Hello. There is no option to remap a bunch of Landmark hotkeys as these do not appear to be fully remappable mode:

English:
Council Hall (already reported Council Hall Hotkeys)
King’s Palace
The White Tower
Berkshire Palace

Chinese:
Imperial Academy (Imperial Official)
Astronomical Clocktower

French:
School of Cavalry
Chamber of Commerce

HRE:
Meinwerk Palace
Burgrave Palace
Regnitz Cathedral
Palace of Swabia

Mongols:
Silver Tree
Steppe Redoubt
Khaganate Palace

Rus:
Abbey of the Trinity

Delhi:
Dome of the Faith
Palace of the Sultan

Maybe there is even more that I missed. Please check all of them.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Try using the hotkeys “Select All” of a certain type. For example, “Select All TCs” will include the king’s palace. Or selecting all archery ranges will include the council hall.

You can also “select all landmarks” to get the more obscure ones like the Empirical Academy, but I don’t like this option as it requires too much attention.

You can select all Keeps and it will include the White Tower…but the Y hotkey does not work if a Keep and the White tower are selected together :((…I submitted a report about it.

what he refers to is commands that can only be performed at the landmark, you can’t rebind landmark specific unit production or technologies for example

2 Likes

Oh I see – indeed this is a bigger problem than just landmarks. This issue was reported months ago so hopefully they are working on it for the next patch!

Here’s why these unmappable landmark hotkeys are a problem: When you select “All Archery Ranges” it includes the Council Hall…however if you change the Longbow hotkey to something other than “Q” spamming “Select All Arhcery Ranges” + Hotkey +Hotkey+ Hotkey no longer works as expected as this will not produce longbows from the council hall :frowning:

However…you are incorrect about most of the landmarks on your list:

English:
-The King’s Palace can be remapped according the the TC hotkeys
-The White Tower can be remapped according the the Keep hotkeys
-The Berkshire can be remapped according the the Keep hotkeys

Chinese:
-The Imperial Academy (Imperial Official) can be remapped according the the TC hotkeys
-The Astronomical Clocktower can be remapped according the the Siege Workshop hotkeys

French:

• The School of Cavalry can be remapped according the the Stable hotkeys
  • The Chamber of Commerce buy/sell resources can be mapped according to the market, but the Produce Trader cannot be remapped

HRE:

• The Meinwerk Palace can be remapped according the the Blacksmith hotkeys
  • The Burgrave Palace can be remapped according the the Barracks hotkeys
  • The Palace of Swabia can be remapped according the the TC hotkeys
  • The Regnitz Cathedral can be remapped according the the Mosque/Monastery hotkeys

Mongols:
-I am not going to even bother listing everything wrong with Mongols hotkeys - it’s a complete mess and unplayable for me since almost none of the unique building or Khan hotkeys are remappable.

Rus:
-The Abbey of the Trinity can be remapped according the the Mosque/Monastery hotkeys

• However, Rus Hunting Cabin cannot remap Produce Scout from anything other than “A”.

Delhi:

• The Dome of the Faith can be remapped according the the Mosque/Monastery hotkeys
    Palace of the Sultan

Happy Hotkey Remapping!

2 Likes

Hello!

Thank you so much for your response. I see that you have check it very well and have a deeper concern, my bad with most of the landmarks.

For me, English and Mongols are unplayable at competitive level until hotkeys are fixed. I’m too used to my hotkeys.

Regards

Thanks, all! There are a bunch of hotkey improvements in the works.

That said, there is a lot of info in this thread. Would someone here mind summing up what they see as obvious bugs/overlooked features so I can make sure it’s all captured?

2 Likes

mistake: touring the places of prayer, he is also touring the docks with the holy empire

Hello.

To summarize, the main bugs and errors we founded are as follows, also thanks to Earning Pig 49:

English:

Council Hall: “Longbow” hotkey can not be remapped (already reported Council Hall Hotkeys):

when I select one or more archery range, I can create Longbow with “F” (my own remaped hotkey)

But, when I select “all archery ranges”, Council Hall is selected first with all archery ranges, but Longbow Council Hall hotkey is not remappable (default “Q”)

Conclusion: “Longbow” hotkey in Council Hall should bethe same hotkey as in Archery Ranges.

French:

Chamber of Commerce: “Trader” cannot be remapped

In the market, I produce trader with “D” (my own remaped hotkey)

But, when Chamber of Commerce is selected, “Trader” hotkey is not remapped (default “Q”)

Conclusion: Chamber of Commerce “Trader” hotkey should be the same hotkey as in the market.

Rus:

Hunting Cabin: cannot remap “Scout” from anything other than “A”:

Conclusion: Hunting Cabin should appear as an individual building in the full remappable mode, to allow to remap all its hotkeys, due to “Socut” is also produced from Town Center and Stable.

Rus Stone Wall, Stone Wall Towers and Stone Wall Gates (once Spasskaya Tower is buid): does not apply the remapp like other civs:

My hotkeys to build generic Stone Wall, Stone Wall Towers and Stone Wall Gates

Rus default hotkeys to build Stone Wall, Stone Wall Towers and Stone Wall Gates, not applying the remap ones.

Conclusion: hotkeys to build Rus Stone Wall, Stone Wall Towers and Stone Wall Gates should be the same to other civs hotkeys to build Stone Wall, Stone Wall Towers and Stone Wall Gates.

HRE:

Regnitz Cathedral: “Prelate” hotkey is not remappable according to the Monastery:

My hotkey for Prelate is “D”

But, Prelate in Regnitz Cathedral is not remappable (default “Q”)

Conclusion: “Prelate” hotkey in Regnitz Cathedral should be the same as in the Monastery (due to Regnitz Cathedral acting as a Monastery)

Delhi:

Infantry building defences: not remappable:

Palace of the Sultan: auto production of Tower Elephant can not be remapped:

Chinese:

Imperial Palace: “Imperial Spies” is not remappable:

Conclusion: Imperial Palace should be added in the list to be fully remappable buildings.

All civs:

Stone Gate: “Gate Unlock” can not be remapped:

This has take me a while to check, prepare and make it clear. I hope you can amend all bugs and errors. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for summarizing VSE5907.

I would only add that all (or most) unique Mongol hotkeys are not remappable.

2 Likes

Hey thanks @VSE5907! Really, really, nice job! I very much appreciate your summation post.

All bugs/feedback in this thread have been captured.

2 Likes