Late Game Fps Problem

:arrow_forward: Age of Empires 2 D.e.

• BUILD #: 43210
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: Late Game Fps is 2fps After “Hotfix”- Rare issue

:question: *DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL

this issue only for team games. when time pass 40 minute instantly fps dropping to 2 fps until game finish. this started happen after hotfix. i m not alone, there is a lot people who having this problem. please help us, i can’t play team games for 2 month.
****İt looks like cpu usage going very very high (%98-99) and gpu usage droping to %2-1, this is reason of problem

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: *How often does the issue occur?

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES) FOR 2VS2

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) FOR 3VS3, 4VS4

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. start to play team game
  2. pass 35-40 minute of game
  3. have fun with 2 fps

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: *No need

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: *my pc passing recommended setting but anyway look for it DxDiag.txt (144.3 KB)

940mx ddr3, i7-7500u 12gb ram

6 Likes

Yes I can confirm this problem happens to me as well.

I too have the Nvidia 940mx

here are some other threads reporting the same problem:

@GMEvangelos can you pleeeease note this bug, its literally making the game unplayable. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

is gpu switching on late game ?

Yes it occurs during those FPS drops.

i though it happens cause of very high cpu usage which introduced with ‘hotfix’, and this causes very low gpu usage. isn’t like that ?

2 Likes

waiting for a fix still. i saw +30 people who living this problem. just look at steam forum

5 Likes

will we see a fix ONE DAY pleasee ! Guys please rise post. give like and comments

4 Likes

We seeing with this indifference, how much they support community and game. Maybe we should buy a DLC for fix issues !

this happens to me every 3v3,4v4 after 40 min. never had a problem like this before hotfix update. this happening cause performance of game really decreased my old pc can’t handle that game anymore and other old pcs

1 Like

like, they could for the very least revert the november change to teamgame performance. it wasnt good, but it wasnt THIS.

1 Like

Does this only happen to certain PCs? Last I played was back in June, on a gaming laptop. Used to run really, really well and smooth. Loaded it up on to my desktop, which is by far more powerful, and performance has been abysmal. Not even the main menu interface works smoothly. I looked, and there doesn’t seem to be integrated graphics to turn off just in case. I don’t think ryzen chips have those.

Ryzen 7 2700x boosted to 4.1Ghz
32Gb RAM @2933
1080 Ti 11Gb
Installed game on NVMe drive.

I play much more demanding games on high settings with no issues, and would love to be able to play this one. But it’s like the second people start hitting castle age I’m suddenly down to 1-3fps and units respond to commands MINUTES later. Real life minutes, not in-game minutes.

Has anyone with a similar setup found some sort of hardware, BIOS, random setting somewhere in their pc that seemed to improve things? Hard to believe I can’t play Age of Empires on this machine…

1 Like

that seems logical doesn’t it but then these devs and co will have to admit they broke the game and they won’t dare cop the blame it’s your pc mine everyone’s PC didn’t you know!?

its doesnt realy seem like they are trying to hide the fact they barely test the patches. they could also not tell us its a revert and say “hotfix - some improvements to tg performance”. they are smart people.

Ok, the definitive fix for me was to turn off Record Games. I’m not sure if it’s possible to turn off Ranked Recordings, but for Custom games this definitely did the trick for me. My GPU usage does not dip every 15 seconds anymore (presumably that was the Record Game File updating?).

didn’t fix my issue :’(

For me it also didn’t fix the issue entirely it only decreased it a bit. What did do the trick was to disable/uninstall malware bytes. I think some antivirusses will scan the Record Game file every time it gets updated which freezes the game for a moment.

can you tell us what your graphic card is? few reported the RX570 is having issue and its worth looking into trying different drivers or settings.

940mx ddr3. btw hotfix broke my performance. when released anniversary update my performance was same but laggy. they broke performance of some pcs when fixing lag.

also i checked my gpu, cpu usage when there is no 2-3 fps but 30-40. cpu %60 gpu %50, game not using my pc’s all power, other games using %70-80 cpu %95-100 gpu

problem fixed with new update thanks to devs ! my early game fps increased 60-70 to 100-110 late 2-20 to 50-60