Let's build a world map of AoE3

This is what happens when you try to merge all the Old World maps together. They don’t fit, each continent was draw using a different map projection. The African and European maps have different Mediterraneans, I had to stretch Africa so Gibraltar and the Middle East matched they positions on the European map. There are clearly missing pieces in Russia(Russia rework/maps when?), which leave Yamal just hanging alone in the far north and the old Asian Dynasties map will need to entirely re-done to match the new ones.

19 Likes

Now the American maps are missing…PS: the Russian rework will come with the Baltic dlc or a little earlier…

My only hope is Antarctica map. I will be more than happy to see penguin in AOE3.

3 Likes

And Australia. Kangaroos, wombats, Koalas ect. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Humans didn’t even set foot on Antarctica until 1895 so I don’t think it would really fit the game. There also wouldn’t be trees to get wood from so there would need to be an alternate source like quarries. If you just wanted penguins, a new Zealand map would be a better option.

6 Likes

Australia will put it if they put it as a playable civ or if they put it with a dlc of the Pacific Ocean with Maories and Hawaiians…

1 Like

In fact you have expeditions to the Antarctic Circle since 1770 with James Cook, so a map in Antarctica does not sound so far-fetched, besides that you already have the map of the Arctic territories…

Cook never even sighted Antarctica. The main problem is how barren the content is. There are no trees so there would need to be some other source of wood. I’d really like to see quarries that give wood that can be “mined”. There are no inhabitants like how there are Inuit in the Arctic. It wasn’t discovered by anyone so even a trade route would be unrealistic.

I think the best you could hope for is a location like the South Georgia islands that also includes a bit of Antarctic coastline.

2 Likes

En la región de Magallanes pueden verse pingüinos sin necesidad de ir a la antártica

1 Like

Good point… it could be a special map where you start in industrial with a factory then you would not have the lack of resources … or that it is a whole maritime map in the south Atlantic, symbolizing all the times that the Falkland Islands changed hands between 1540 and 1833 …

Sí,pero ya tenes el mapa de Patagonia que ocupa toda esa región desde el Río Negro hasta el cabo de Hornos…

1 Like

si, pero mal representado, ni de broma la región de Magallanes se ve así

1 Like

Sí,pero recordemos que son mapas que simbolizan la cartografía del siglo XVIII…

1 Like

The August PUP brings 3 new Maps. They are Pomerania, Mediteran sea and Acropolis

3 Likes

Love this thread.

The American map is missing Plymouth, Panama and Guianas.

They didn’t go on the map xd…

A wood quarry seems a bit weird, however, I can totally see people mining the wood off shipwreks, which were not at all rare in those treacherous iceberg filled Antarctic waters.

You could also start with an in map capturable factory that could serve as a source of wood.

It would obviously be a stone quarry. Think of the “wood” resource as just building materials.

I’m back with both Europe and the Americas with all the latest maps!

20 Likes

Look at poor little Wales unmapped in a see of maps.

1 Like