Let's discuss the new main menu

So much red and tan/gold everywhere. Starting to feel like a Michael Bay film and his obsession with teal and orange.

I could use a little more use of color, and not black & white pencil sketches for menu items. Purely subjective, though.

It’s so strange, however, how everyone who has done UI design in and since the 2010s have all come to the conclusion together that no colors exist in the rainbow except the two or three they select for their product. I’m all for brand recognition and themes, but some companies have gone way overboard. I know for a fact you can have “themes” with more colors than two. Somewhat related: it’s really hard to fathom how Windows 8’s design philosophy has ended up taking over the world for ten years straight so far; and is only getting worse. AoE2:DE isn’t quite as bad, but I feel it is borrowing from some of the philosophies of it… and this hurts usability and intuitive design.

As for the main menu no longer having an “Options” button or a “Mods” button, I’m not liking that change; assuming it sticks.

No more “Credits” button seems a little disingenuous to those who have worked on the game. Hopefully it’s still available somewhere, and I hope they add a fast forward (and rewind) button for it.

1 Like