New Main Menu and User Interface

I think the poll should have had another option: keep the new menu but let’s start evolving/fixing/tweaking it. There might be some who don’t mind the spirit of the new menu and see some potential with it.

It is odd, though – I don’t recall ever seeing threads asking for the Main Menu needed to be revamped in this way :slight_smile: I enjoy the enthusiasm by designers/devs to try new things, but I guess regarding UI, this was, personally, probably the least of my worries. I’m still bummed about all the tan and red, and every button being red.

---~ ♦ ♦ ♦ ~----

That said, the animated wipes where menus unfurl feel slow and lethargic – all over; not just main menu. I wish they’d be sped up 2x or 3x, if they must remain. It reminds me of when typing chats in-game and how chats feel laggy/lethargic between moment of hitting [RETURN] key and moment of chat sound/appearing.

• When I click something, I like immediate responsiveness in UIs. Don’t like feeling as though my time is being unnecessarily wasted micro-seconds at a time.

---~ ♦ ♦ ♦ ~----

I admit, I didn’t know I had to go to the gear icon in upper-left now to get to Options until it was pointed out here. Thought they were completely removed from menu and I could only adjust them mid-match, which was odd. Now that I know, not a huge deal… but maybe a little strange to have them under a gear icon now.

---~ ♦ ♦ ♦ ~----

I think you might have been referring to my post as follows?..

---~ ♦ ♦ ♦ ~----

My thoughts exactly:

Foxsports and IGN have become websites that are a joke to visit. I don’t do it anymore because of the push to huge graphic tiles and a total word count per page of maybe 15-20. News flash: my 24" widescreen monitor can show more than 20 words per page and actually YEARNS to, lol. I have to [CTRL]+[Mousewheel] zoom out for 75% of web pages these days because their font and images are so huge.

---~ ♦ ♦ ♦ ~----

I’ll also do a shameless plug for my thread suggesting that we should be given options to choose our own theme to use. By giving us some options, it would help please more players → Allow us to choose our own menu theme

4 Likes