List of units that need buffs/reworks [Personal opinion]

I know you decided to exclude these on purpose, I do have some thought on the matter from an analysis I made and by frustrated attempts of trying to make disciples viable through in-game experiments. The difference between disciples and other pets is that when you decide to build the White Pagoda, you are in theory paying for an actual unit now, not just a pet (this is the case with any other wonder, none of them give you ‘‘5 monitor lizards/scouts/war dogs/etc’’ for a reason). The problem is that you don’t actually get that and even after sacrificing a lot of money to fully upgrade them (and sacrifice Summer P. for aging with White Pagoda), they can still be worse than just regular pets.

After some discussion, it seems that it’s best to keep their shock infantry tag but allow them to snare with White Pagoda, give them a multiplier vs cav (kinda like mini Cheyenne Rider) so they can fulfill a special role for the civ that is lacking, give them a slight buff to their stats in Age II + 6 speed total with White P., and maaybe get rid of villager negative multiplier (African civs get something similar with ‘‘Mass Levies’’ after all).

Here’s the whole thing and analysis

1 Like